Which brand name is the most ironic
The choice of name can be critical to the success and failure of a brand. Currently, companies are increasingly relying on irony when it comes to naming. The opposite of what one stands for is being said.
Anti-conforming brands (anti-brands) should make the sender interesting and the target group curious. Anyone who decides to do so signals inappropriateness. This is the result of an international study by the Düsseldorf naming agency Nomen, which has compiled examples of such anti-brands and assesses the potential for success of the unusual brand strategy.
The fashion and cosmetics industries are leading the way. Examples are Pretty Vulgar or Urban Decay for cosmetic labels, Anti-Flirt for lingerie and Sweaty Betty for fitness clothing, Enfants Riches Déprimés, FatFace or Rag & Bone for fashion. Hollywood actress Gwyneth Paltrow has called her lifestyle brand Goop, which translates to Pampe and at the same time means fool or fool. A French wine brand is called Fat Bastard, an Australian eco toilet paper Who gives a crap and a communication platform for efficient teamwork is Slack.
Those who set a trend have a nose ahead and have a good chance of establishing themselves in the market, says Nomen managing director Sybille Kircher. Those who orientate themselves too strongly on trends, on the other hand, have poor prospects of success, because they remain the eternal number two.
Still, brave, creative names are more essential than ever. "Brand names should always have that certain something, that is, they should be unique and unmistakable in their own way," emphasizes Kircher. Anyone who decides on an ironic name should consider one more thing: irony is often not understood and is therefore not compatible with the masses. "That is why anti-brands usually only address selected, i.e. smaller, target groups," says the Nomen boss. "In addition, the brand management must permanently keep what the name promises. Brands that position themselves with a wink can do almost anything - just not be boring."
Click here for the article:
Click here for the newsletter:
Click here to go to the MarkenBörse:
- Pete Buttigieg rises in the polls like
- How to make commercial tape glue
- Why are French cars underestimated
- What is the science behind traffic jams
- How is PewDiePie in real life
- Will virtual wallets replace credit cards
- Why did they kill Ned Stark
- Is paradise lost by John Milton believable
- Bastard is a dirty word
- Is your reward enough for you
- Why do cocker spaniels howl
- How is your relationship with your family
- Is a loved one a really bad person
- What is a relief
- Is marriage better for men or women
- Why are we shy of people
- How do you work or study smart
- Why do companies use Microsoft Project
- What is beyond the absolute
- How Much Can a UiPath Developer Earn
- Why did you never travel alone
- How much do art directors make
- What are some Filipino traditions
- Is Dubai still a tax-free country?