How does imidazole react with ammonia
Imidazole is a five-membered heterocyclic aromatic organic compound having two nitrogen atoms. It has a basic reaction.
The synthesis of imidazole can be carried out by the Radziszewski method from the condensation of a 1,2-diketone, ammonia and an aldehyde.
Imidazole is mainly used as a starting product in the manufacture of various drugs, especially fungicides. Another application is the hardening of certain plastics.
Imidazole is also used as a buffer substance in the Karl Fischer method for water determination. In 1984 Eugen Scholz developed the pyridine-free Karl Fischer reagent with imidazole as the base. This reagent not only replaces the poisonous and malodorous pyridine, but also enables faster and more accurate titration, since imidazole buffers in a more favorable pH range than pyridine. Scholz's studies on stoichiometry also showed that methanol (solvent and at the same time involved in the reaction) can be replaced by other alcohols, e.g. B. ethanol, 2-propanol or methoxyethanol, which improved the titer stability of the reagent. Based on these findings, the following reaction equation for the Karl Fischer reaction resulted:
- RAW + SO2 + RN → (RNH) • (SO3R)
- (RNH) • (SO3R) + I2 + H2O + 2 RN → (RNH) • (SO4R) + 2 (RNH) • I.
Imidazole derivatives occur in many ways in nature. The amino acid histidine and the histamine derived from it contain an imidazole ring, as do the purines, xanthines and their derivatives. Imidazole alkaloids are found in the rhombus family.
The imidazolium cation is easily formed from imidazole. Derivatives of this cation can be found in numerous ionic liquids, the corresponding imidazolium compounds were also the first known.
Categories: Corrosive Substance | Imidazole | Heteroaromatic | Substance group
- International students pay taxes in Australia
- What do Americans think of France?
- How much did the Homejoy CEO make
- How can public government spending be reduced?
- A degree in the music industry is still valuable
- What is your trading profit today
- Are Sudanese white or black
- How much does a Bell 429 helicopter cost
- Do we really need family
- What are the basic theories of business
- What do tiny water bubbles mean?
- What's the best vehicle in PUBG
- Biology What is Nutmeg Oil
- Where is san diego
- How can intelligent people be racist
- How does Bill Gates eat
- Is 300 calories a lot
- Can fear turn into anger And how
- When is palliative care recommended?
- Will Donald Trump benefit the economy
- Have you ever spied on your wife
- How consultants find customers
- Who wrote the gospels
- What are older bathtubs made of
- PM Narendra Modi is a hypocrite
- What is the best online website test
- Why is HR asking for a payroll
- Which countries can produce the best military weapons?
- Twins can be months or years apart
- Why are price floors and ceilings bad
- What do Millennials think of Generation Z.
- What jobs are uniquely Australian
- What does my urine smell mean
- Did you go to school