France goes back
Normality is also returning to France
For the time being, only outside areas of the catering trade are permitted for guests. Museums, theaters and cinemas have also reopened from today.
Not only in Austria, but also in France, extensive corona relaxations came into force on Wednesday. In France, however, pubs are only allowed outside areas, while in Austria indoor areas are also reopened subject to conditions. The outdoor areas of French restaurants are limited to half the maximum number of guests allowed. On June 9th, the interior of the restaurant will be opened again.
French President Emmanuel Macron toasted the reopening of outdoor dining in his country with an espress. Before the weekly cabinet round on the corona pandemic, the 43-year-old and Prime Minister Jean Castex treated himself to a cup on a Parisian cafe terrace not far from the Elysee Palace. Macron spoke of a "small moment of regained freedom that we all deserve".
The hosts are also happy. "I've already had three guests who have had their coffee with me, it feels good," said Pascal, who runs a brasserie in the Montmartre district of Paris. With the openings "real life" is returning to the capital, said the Parisian Amelie. She is looking forward to meeting her friends in the cafes and bars.
Curfew only after 9 p.m.
Since Wednesday, "non-essential" shops and department stores, as well as museums, cinemas and theaters have been reopened in France. The night curfew in France now only applies from 9 p.m., which is two hours later than before.
President Macron said the corona infection numbers, which have been declining for weeks, were "going in the right direction". Nevertheless, he called on the French to "remain cautious" so as not to jeopardize what they had achieved.
The prerequisites for the corona loosening in France as well as in Austria were falling infection numbers and progress in vaccination campaigns. In France, the seven-day incidence is falling sharply, most recently it was 140. Three weeks ago it was more than twice as high. In France, a good 20 million citizens have now received at least one corona vaccine dose, which corresponds to almost a third of the population. In Austria, too, the seven-day incidence has recently fallen steadily.
- Money changes a person's appearance
- Hong Kong will be the next Tiananmen
- Trust smart devices
- Is marriage important for a girl
- What is the tendency to self-sabotage
- Which is better tea or coffee
- Who are the most humble NBA players
- Why do I cry at night
- What are two important degrees of length
- How is the nightlife in Medellin Colombia
- When should I leave my family behind?
- Where does proverb 101 come from
- What do Indonesians think of Bolivia
- What should everyone know about dating
- How can I check my work permit?
- Are my IB subjects right for me?
- Do the British feel superior to the Americans?
- What is a random process
- What is construction safety
- What are the dangers of dreaming lucidly
- How serious a condition is Asperger's
- Why is our family so important
- Sitting makes sciatica worse
- Stalin lived in luxury