The Prophet Mohammed died in what war
Muhammad's family: Camel battle became a decisive turning point in early Islam
When Aisha, the Prophet Mohammed's favorite wife, accompanied him on one of his campaigns, she is said to have lost touch with the caravan in search of a lost piece of jewelry. A young man in the rear found them and brought them back to their own, which apparently gave rise to unequivocal speculation, after all, Aischa was at least 40 years younger than her husband. Above all, Ali, Muhammad's cousin and son-in-law, is said to have made himself the spokesman for this interpretation. It took a revelation from Allah (Qur'an 24: 11-20) to prove Aisha's innocence.
This story throws too bad a light on all those involved to assume that it was invented in the course of the party struggles of early Islam, writes the Kiel scholar Lutz Berger. Anyway. In any case, the raunchy episode served contemporaries as an explanation why the Prophet's favorite wife and his closest male relative faced each other on the battlefield 24 years after Muhammad's death. The bloody meeting 656 near Basra in southern Iraq went down in history as the “camel battle”, as an important stage in the genesis of the Shia and their struggle against the majority party of the Sunnis.
It was less about religion and more about politics and booty. After the death of Muhammad, the question arose for his followers who should succeed him as his deputy (caliph): a leading representative of the religious community or a family member, which, given the current situation, could only be Ali. The majority, however, elected Abu Bakr as caliph, the father of Aisha and one of the first followers of the Prophet, who had already accompanied him on the flight from Mecca to Medina in 622.
- Where do the Australians vacation
- Towels are common in Italy
- Why do Shiite Muslims support the BJP
- Why is Fortnite End Game free
- What is the best challenge in life
- Can we stop the hair loss immediately?
- How do foreigners learn classical Chinese
- What problems do INTJs have
- Why do most of the Japanese look like Filipinos
- How has history helped us to solve problems?
- Why is ethics called professional ethics
- Did you push ahead with the impeachment of Trump
- Why is the Indian economy strong these days
- Make technical managers at Google Code
- Are there still UFO hunters
- Why do we need this world 1
- How are engineers hired for Apple
- Can you immigrate to Norway?
- What are the best crispy cotton towels
- How rich are the Rothschilds really
- What does it mean to click with someone
- Life in Baghdad is better now
- Google Singapore employs software engineers
- Which are the major construction companies