What does euphoria mean
euphoria (die) is generally a state of irrepressible joy, i.e. an - usually limited in time - exaggerated, optimistic elation. Especially in psychology, the term is used when it is felt for euphoria there is no real basis or it was caused by the consumption of intoxicants.
The origin of the term is the Greekeuphoria (being able to endure something easily).
Audio sample: Listen to the pronunciation
Phonetic transcription (IPA):[ɔɪ̯foˈʁiː]
The euphoria the investor was short-lived. When it came to the press a little later that the profits only existed on paper, the share price plummeted.
After the unexpected victory in the World Cup finals, the entire country collapsed euphoria out.
Subscribe for free and learn a new foreign word every day
Receive the word of the day every morning with our free newsletter. You can unsubscribe at any time. Your data will not be passed on to third parties for advertising purposes.
More interesting words:
Dysphoria - Dysphoria (which) describes a person's negative emotional state ...
salvatorisch - The adjective salvatorisch means "only applicable in addition". It describes...
Anachronism - An anachronism (which) is something out of date, i.e. (from progress) ...
Status quo - The term status quo (the) means today the "current state". From ...
Dichotomy - The noun dichotomy means "two-part", or ...
- How harmful are programming patterns
- Which is better Deloitte or Accenture
- What is something that annoys you when you are depressed?
- Who is Joseph's father in the Bible
- Is cucumber juice good for your kidneys
- What things to buy in Dhaka
- Why do I hate to be loved
- What are the salaries in IOCL
- What would you describe as youth music
- How healthy is Maggi
- What ethnic groups are there in Indonesia
- What is considered great for a man
- Are statistics graduates required in Singapore
- Why do Australians sound like Australians
- Are there still Montessori schools
- What are some examples of wooden swords
- How do you rate plastic money
- Which is better Sweden or Norway
- How does game taste
- What's the most amazing thing about you
- Are Morgellons and Chemtrails linked together
- What was the first algorithm ever created
- What are characteristics of a tomboy
- What can you hear your neighbors doing