Are government jobs better or corporate jobs
Top 10 Highest Paid Government Jobs in India
In India, millions of candidates run for government positions every year. Although well-educated young people have begun to turn to private jobs due to the lure of high salaries, government jobs have not lost their luster. Job security and work-life balance are the two things in which government jobs outperform corporate jobs. This article provides a brief overview of the highest paying government jobs in India:
1. Indian overseas services
Indian Foreign Service officials are selected through public service exams conducted by the UPSC. These diplomats represent the country abroad. IFS officers spend more than two thirds of their careers abroad, with a maximum of three years in one country. During the overseas bookings, along with the salaries and perks of all Grade A employees, they will receive an additional overseas allowance calculated on the United Nations Cost of Living Index and in the range of USD 3500-5000. The salaries and perks offered are:
- The starting salary is between USD 4000-5500
- You get wonderful accommodations in the best cities in the world
- Free education in international schools for your children
- Official luxury car
- Free medical care
- Free airline tickets for travel to India.
2. IAS and IPS
IAS and IPS are the most sought after government agencies in our country. On the one hand, these officials work in different fields and are part of policy making in India. On the other hand, the benefits of these jobs are second to none. Most importantly, IAS and IPS officers have tremendous power in their hands. Perks, job security, and power make these jobs the most sought-after among the youth.
The salary and perks of the IAS and IPS officers
- Starting salary of almost Rs. 50,000 along with DA.
- Big bungalow like houses in posh areas if posted as DM.
- An official vehicle and chauffeur.
- Security guards are also provided in some states.
- You get subsidized electricity.
- You can get study leave for higher education at foreign universities through government sponsorship.
3. Defense services
rickety Pontinghöhe in feet
Defense officials receive more salaries and perks than their civilian counterparts. These jobs involve risk and adventure. The advertising aspects are among the best. Through various exams like NDA, CDS, AFCAT, etc., people join these services. Although the pay and perks vary from service to service and from location to location, a general overview is:
- Starting salary in the rank of lieutenant. 50,000-60,000 + DA
- Good accomodation.
- Uniform allowance
- Free allocation
- Maintenance surcharge
- Height surcharge
- Transportation costs
- Child rearing allowance
- Pension after retirement
4. Scientists / engineers in ISRO, DRDO
The young engineering graduates who have an interest in research and development and would like to be a significant part of India's growth history can apply for the positions of engineers or scientists at ISRO and DRDO or other such organizations like BARC. If you work in these organizations, you can earn great respect in society. These organizations pay their employees compensation salaries.
- Entry-level base salary - Rs. 55,000-60,000
- House allowance or accommodation
- Transportation costs- Rs. 7200
- Bonus after 6 months
- Free food in the canteens
- Lots of other allowances
5.RBI Grade B.
When it comes to banking services, no one is a better employer than RBI. RBI Grade B is the best way to start a career in banking. One can be promoted to deputy governor. The estimated CTC of the RBI Grade B officer is nearly Rs. 18 lakh per year. Here is an overview of their advantages:
- Starting Salary- Rs. 67,000 (approx) + DA
- A 3-BHK apartment in a posh area.
- 180 liters of petrol / year
- Child rearing allowance
- Every two years; Rs. 1 lakh allowance for tours
Many other perks such as maid, newspaper, laptop, study leave, etc. make the RBI the best organization for work.
6. Power supply
The engineers who don't like the corporate lifestyle often choose public sector companies. PSU offer job security and salaries that are comparable to those of private colleagues. Salaries vary by organization and place of work, but most of the Maharatnas such as ONGC, IOCL and BHEL have an almost similar salary structure with minor changes. The most preferred way to get a job in power supplies is through GATE. The estimated CTC of the power supplies is Rs. 10-12 lakh. The breakout of the salary is-
- In hand salary excluding all allowances- Rs. 52,000 (approximate) + DA
- Corporate accommodation or HRA
- Shift allowance (it increases the salary by Rs. 3000-4000)
- Special compensation for the location based on plants
Other allowances include house maintenance, transportation allowance, subsidized canteen, furniture allowance, laptop allowance, etc.
7. Indian Forest Services
The Indian Forest Service is the best job for those who want to escape city life, prefer to live in the lap of nature and enjoy the pristine environment. The officers are expected to work in both forestry and wildlife. The life of an IFoS officer is full of adventure. Officials are expected to protect the environment, regulate mines and forest activities in the protected areas, and attend to the needs of forest residents. The remuneration granted to the IFoS officers corresponds to that of the IAS officers.
- The starting salary is Rs. 52,000 (approximately) + DA
- Large, well furnished house
- An official vehicle and driver
- A house helper
- Subsidized electricity
And many other benefits available to Group A central government officials.
8. State Service Commissions
UPSC is also conducting an audit for Class A agencies - All India Services and the Central Government. Similarly, each state conducts exams for bodies such as SDM (Sub-Divisional Magistrate), DSP (Deputy Superintendent of Police), ETO (Excise and Tax Officer), Tehsildar, etc. These officers are just below the ranks of the UPSC's direct hired officers. The responsibilities and authorities of PCS officials are similar to those of Grade A officials. An IAS officer acts as an intermediary between the center and the state, while PCS officers only manage state affairs. In contrast to IAS officers, PCS officers do not have to deal with the transfers.
The salary varies in all states, but on average their salary ranges from Rs. 35,000 - 45,000. The other incentives like a furnished house, an official vehicle, a driver, an electricity allowance, etc. are also given to them.
9. Lecturers / assistant professors at state universities
Apprenticeships are the most peaceful occupations. It offers enough free time and is probably the only occupation where you can go on vacation. The salary of an assistant professor varies from Rs. 40,000-1,00,000 at the entry level. Institutes such as IITs, NITs, etc. offer higher remuneration bands. while teachers at art schools are paid less. Also Ph.D. Graduates are paid more. An assistant professor at a college draws Rs. 75,000-80,000 as the starting salary. Other benefits such as medical facilities, lodging, laptop allowance, etc. are also offered.
10. OSA in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
ASO in MEA is a Class B position and selection for this position is made through the SSC CGL exam. The biggest incentive to work in MEA is overseas bookings. During their entire career, an ASO can receive 6 foreign positions - each position has a period of 3 years. Passing the foreign language test is compulsory for posting abroad. Salary and Incentives
- For international assignments, the salary varies between Rs. 1.25-1.8 lakhs
- The government provided housing
- Free medical facilities in the best hospitals in the country where you are based
- How do I connect VoIP
- What makes an activity fun
- How do I find an international internship
- How can Indians get visas for the UAE
- Which is healthier milk or orange juice
- What are solutions to sustainability problems
- What are the korean beauty standards
- Which European country has the most startups?
- What is currently happening in Syria
- How often do guys play video games
- Can we make cucumbers with fruits?
- What is a weekly menu under 50
- What is Russia's favorite food
- CEO salaries are taxable in India
- Why have Arabic numerals become popular
- What did Allah create first?
- Why is biryani so delicious
- What can you hear your neighbors doing
- Eloping the right solution
- Have you ever helped someone with rehab?
- How does a plumber work
- Can I last two gap years
- What exactly is modernity
- What is a good 401k matching plan