Which side dishes go well with meatloaf?
Meatloaf - the best recipes
Meatloaf - the classic recipe
For the classic meatloaf, mixed minced meat (pork and beef) is kneaded with onions, breadcrumbs, egg and spices, shaped into an elongated roast and then cooked in the hot oven, or less often on the stove. This roast recipe is a delight, especially for children.
Meatloaf recipes - it won't get boring this way
For more variety, the meatloaf can be filled with cheese, boiled eggs, vegetables, mushrooms or herbs. In other recipes, the roast is wrapped in bacon or given a spicy crust. Meatloaf in puff pastry, pizza dough or with a hash brown is also very fine.
The best sauce for meatloaf
The choice of sauce depends on the respective meatloaf recipe. The best way to go with the classic meatloaf is a brown sauce, which can conveniently be obtained from the roast that is created when the meatloaf is seared. A fruity tomato sauce also tastes very good with meatloaf, especially if the meatloaf recipe is already influenced by the Mediterranean with feta cheese or the selection of herbs.
Typical side dishes for meatloaf
Boiled potatoes are usually served as a side dish with classic meatloaf. Roasted potatoes or potato gratin also go very well with the “wrong rabbit”. In Switzerland, people typically eat mashed potatoes or pasta in the form of Hörnli with meatloaf.
When choosing a vegetable side dish, a look at the seasonal calendar doesn't hurt, as any kind of vegetable goes well with meatloaf. From a light salad to bean vegetables, various types of cabbage to root vegetables, everything is possible. The meatloaf with peas and carrots is particularly classic.
How long does meatloaf last?
Classic meatloaf can be kept in the refrigerator for at least 3 days. If necessary, the required amount can simply be reheated. Leftover roast, cut into fine slices, is also great as cold cuts. For a delicious dinner, we recommend the combination with tartar sauce and tomato on a wholemeal roll - really delicious!
However, if you've bought too much ground beef, you can freeze the ground beef raw. There are also some tips that you should keep in mind when thawing minced meat, as the meat is very susceptible to microorganisms.
Always be up to date:
Subscribe to the free LECKER.de newsletter here >>
More on the subject of minced meat
- Why soda the drink is called soda
- What drugs cause swelling of the ankle
- Which countries have the most diverse cuisine
- Which explains Canada's higher interest rate
- Does your partner sleep naked
- What went wrong with the F 35
- People liked Queen Victoria
- What came first or space
- Average Korean men wear makeup on a regular basis
- Offers Amazon 100 remote programming jobs
- Are immigrants welcomed to Mexico?
- Are there religious schools in Singapore?
- Why is Boeing more successful than Airbus
- Is Ooredoo Oman a good place to work
- How to clean Invisalign brackets
- It rains a lot in Colombia
- Which Canadian city has the fewest Indians?
- Locals can buy cars in Dubai
- How is paper made from cotton rags
- What role does an environment play
- Is MailChimp an SMTP
- Which factors lead to economic inflation?
- How do gas station chains compete
- How do scented candles work