Startups pay well
The momentum among founders is high, but only one in ten startups survives in the long term. Berlin is one of the most dynamic ecosystems for founders.
The economy for startups is still good - also and especially in Germany: Last year venture capitalists invested a record amount of almost five billion euros in young companies, as I showed last week on the blog with the annual “Startup Barometer” .
The figures for entrepreneurs and their innovations around the world are also quite impressive: In total, the world population of more than seven billion people has a good 400 million founders around the globe, as a scientific study shows.
They found 100 million start-ups worldwide every year. And in the same period, 86 million start-ups were shut down again - which proves that the dynamism of founders is high, but only one in ten companies survives in the long term - or in other words: nine out of ten startups give up at some point.
The best cities for start-ups are currently Beijing, Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia, Moscow, Tel Aviv, Warsaw and Cairo. And in terms of the entire startup ecosystem, Boston, Berlin, Bangalore, Istanbul and Sydney are currently ahead, as a recent study shows.
Many more facts and figures on startups and the most popular sectors for start-ups in the following infographic - click twice to enlarge:
Venture capital in Germany 2018: record high of 4.6 billion euros
Venture capital in Germany 2017: volume doubled to 4.3 billion euros
Venture capital in Germany 2016: more deals, less volume
Venture Capital 2015: Silicon Valley $ 34 billion - Germany $ 3.9 billion
- Well worth buying RealMe
- Which country recently experienced an earthquake?
- When was Quora last hacked?
- Are urinary tract infections contagious
- What would Christianity look like without Judaism
- What kind of person are you
- How to make commercial tape glue
- China has already bought Australia
- Are gang members dangerous
- Are traditional values important to your relationship?
- Is Mumbai a gourmet city
- Should I do CFA out of Dubai
- Which helicopter is the loudest?
- Administrative assistant is a good career
- Why is saving the same as an investment?
- Do science and religion ever cross
- Why is ethics called professional ethics
- Is Sweden really neutral?
- What's your favorite way to share posts
- How much do dreadlocks cost
- What is it like to be a postman
- Typhoon Mangkhut is the strongest Super Typhoon
- What conditions to settle in Paris
- Which famous book is not worth reading
- Equalitarianism means equality among equals
- What are you doing this evening
- Why do job descriptions sound like nonsense
- Who benefited from the anti-Trump protests
- Does the growth of the stock market include inflation
- What if the interest rates are negative
- Will Gujarat ban PUBG
- Eat wild coyote cats 1
- Why are bridges paved last
- What are the most powerful Senate committees