Can a 5 year old be scared
Fears in children: how to get a grip on them?
Parents are important supporters
Normally the child learns to overcome typical fears in the respective development phase. To do this, it needs the support of its environment. If they don't dare to do something, parents should gently encourage them to do it again and again: "Come on, you can do that." "Over time, the child learns that nothing bad will happen if they overcome their fear," says Schneider.
If the child is afraid of monsters at night, it can help if a night light lights up or the door is ajar after a soothing sleep ritual. A cuddly toy can make you feel like you're not alone. "It is even better to support the child in being able to control the situation themselves," says Schneider. "Anything that increases his self-confidence is ideal." She recommends taking the little one's thoughts into account during the magical phase: For example, parents can put an imaginary monster spray by the bedside that they can use to drive away the monsters.
Take with you to your parents' bed?
Expert Schneider believes that taking the child with you to the parents' bed is counterproductive. "Of course it's not realistic that a child of this age can always sleep alone," she says. "But there should only be well-founded exceptions, for example if it is sick." If the child cannot generally fall asleep or stay asleep through the night, special sleep training can help: the parents first explain to the little one that they should now gradually learn to sleep alone. The first thing to do is fall asleep: parents and child should agree on a short, quiet ritual - a bedtime story, a song together, a radio play. "It is important that the parents leave the room afterwards," says Schneider. "The child has to learn to regulate his arousal and calm himself down." If that works, the second step follows: the parents discuss with the child what they can do when they wake up at night - instead of immediately fleeing to their parents' bed. Night lights, cuddly toys - or monster spray can help here.
- Doesn't money always degrade dignity?
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder is obsessive-compulsive disorder harmful
- Is bread pudding good
- SAT scores help in Germany
- How do I create an NES game
- How can we understand types
- Is the Singaporean education system the best
- Where outside of Bulgaria is Bulgarian spoken?
- Arrange for the marriage to last longer
- Shorter cars would reduce traffic jams
- Which is the smartest direwolf
- How do older generations see Gen Z.
- How do I find a digital agency
- What is the best dinner for vacation
- Why is my dog licking his ears
- What is the definition of data communication
- When do we really reach adulthood?
- Saving Private Ryan is a real incident
- What happened to Gen X
- HealthCare is free in the UAE
- Why is San Diego so conservative
- What is a CDMP Certification
- Does anyone else vote for Trump here?
- Can anesthesiologists work independently of anesthesiologists