What is the upper secondary level
Swiss education system
Download print version of the education system
Secondary level II
After compulsory schooling, young women and men with basic vocational training and general schools have three options for their training at upper secondary level:
- Basic vocational training (with or without vocational school-leaving certificate) in a training company, as a school-based basic training or in a training workshop
- The technical secondary school (with a specialist Matura or certificate)
- The grammar school (with a high school diploma)
- An alternative is the bridging offer (e.g. SfB, pre-apprenticeship, internship etc.)
Higher vocational education / college
A successfully completed training at the upper secondary level (basic vocational training EFZ, technical secondary school, grammar school) enables access to further training at the so-called tertiary level (higher vocational training / technical college / university) and / or to other further training.
- Higher vocational training (professional examination BP, higher technical examination (HFP), higher technical schools HF)
- Universities (technical colleges, teacher training college, universities / ETH)
- Advanced training
Depending on the previous education and requirements, the completion of a professional or technical baccalaureate, a passerelle, an entrance exam or previous further training may be a prerequisite for admission to the desired course of study.
- How often do hotels clean their pools
- Why I hate Indians
- Is the iPhone X innovative
- What unexpected lessons has life taught you
- What change does society need today?
- Has socialism ever worked well
- Where did you live besides your hometown
- Leela Palace is a 7 star hotel
- How are Jewish people
- Is the Takata airbag recall legitimate?
- Which cranial nerve controls the constriction of the pupils?
- How would you introduce Singapore to Trump
- What are the basic theories of business
- What is gentrification
- What is a control freak
- How do flowers make perfumes
- What is a benign implementation
- Why am I so apathetic
- Singaporean Malaysians are allowed to question Islam
- How does a smartphone work
- What does my urine smell mean
- What does 420 Blaze
- How is the prison in China
- What is dragging the Indian economy
- Why are price floors and ceilings bad
- What is the 401k match at Apple
- What makes Walt Disney World wheelchair accessible
- What is the safest extreme sport
- Would Captain Picard join Section 31
- Which Austrian newspapers do you read
- How do Nigerians make money
- God wants people to be rich
- How do you stop tingling in your hands?
- What a strange thing makes you happy