Elizabeth I was a Tudor
Elizabeth I and the Golden Age
A "bastard" on the throne
When Elizabeth (German spelling: Elisabeth) was born as the second daughter of Henry VIII on September 7, 1533, no one believed that she would one day become Queen of England. She was considered a "bastard", an illegitimate child.
Her father was not officially divorced from his first wife, Catherine of Aragon, when he married Elizabeth's mother, the lady-in-waiting Anne Boleyn. Three years later, Henry VIII had Boleyn beheaded for not having given birth to a male heir to the throne.
After her father's death, 15-year-old Elizabeth moved to the court of Catherine Parr, the sixth wife of Henry VIII.
In 1558 Elizabeth succeeded to the throne after her half-brother EduardVI. and her half-sister Maria I. had died. The fact that Elizabeth had moved up to third place in the line of succession was mainly due to Catherine Parr, who had also campaigned for the good education of the future queen.
During the reign of Mary I there had been bloody clashes between the Protestant supporters of the Anglican Church and the Catholics.
While Elizabeth's Catholic predecessor Mary had rigorously persecuted Protestants to bring Catholicism back to England, Elizabeth stood on the side of the Anglican Church.
Her father founded the "Church of England" after the Catholic Church had not approved the divorce from his first wife Catherine of Aragon.
Elizabeth's plan worked: a year after her accession to the throne, the Anglican Church officially became a state church. Even so, Elizabeth did not try to completely exclude the Catholics, for example by allowing some Catholic customs and rituals to persist.
- Why are there few Indian Christians
- Why are city benches so uncomfortable?
- How do vehicles communicate
- Why do I like to be dominated?
- What are the nationalities of Germany
- Why don't Indians follow the traffic rules
- Why did the African population grow so quickly
- Are there Asian Jews
- What does Karen mean on TikTok
- The people in East Germany were happy
- What are the most interesting topics
- Eat street food
- Can we get a divorce immediately after we get married?
- What is an aggressive person
- Can people smell fear
- Azerbaijanis eat pork
- What is your culture
- Where can I find your board game
- How can citizens help the government?
- Which European country has the most startups?
- What is a modern mall
- How was the Koran written by Mohammed
- Did the apostle Paul ever meet Jesus?
- What is the cheapest cognac
- Savings account interest is taxed
- Has anyone ever saved the planet
- What makes Amazon pay less taxes?
- What was Aaron's staff that was budding?
- How much matcha is there in matcha products
- Hate Tamils North Indians
- Why would someone hire a consultant?
- How accurate is the weather forecast nowadays
- Men find hairy women attractive
- How many dating sites should i join