How is the Rothschild family doing today
Photo galleryThese are the richest families in the world
The Bloomberg business service has filtered the 25 richest families in the world from its billionaire index. Clans who have recently become rich are absent from the list. That is also the reason why China is not represented in the ranking. Assets that are in the hands of a single heir are also an exclusion criterion.
So it is about wealth that has been acquired and increased over several generations. However, there are also restrictions here: "The wealth of families like the Rothschilds or Rockefellers is too diffuse to appreciate," they say. The sum of $ 1,100 billion is therefore likely to be underestimated. According to Bloomberg, these are the ten richest families:
Boehringer / von Baumbach
# 10 Boehringer / von Baumbach: In 1885 Albert Boehringer founded the drug manufacturer Boehringer Ingelheim. The company is still family-owned today. The pharmaceutical company had sales of just under 18.1 billion euros last year. It is run by Hubertus von Baumbach, who is related to the company founder. The family's net worth is estimated at $ 42.2 billion.
Cargill / MacMillan
# 9 Cargill / MacMillan: The history of Cargill also begins in the 19th century. Today the company in the food industry is one of the largest family groups in the world with a turnover of 110 billion dollars. The descendants of company founder William Cargill still control the group. Her net worth: $ 42.3 billion
# 8 Quandt: The names of the siblings Stefan Quandt and Susanne Klatten can be found regularly on the lists of the richest Germans. In the photo you can see her with her mother Johanna Quandt, who died in 2015. Her husband Herbert Quandt was involved in the restructuring of BMW in the late 1950s and early 1960s. Even today, the descendants are the largest shareholders in the car manufacturer. Net worth: $ 42.7 billion
# 7 Ambani: Mukesh Ambani (r.) Runs the petrochemical company Reliance Industries, founded by his father in 1966. He and his family live in a 27-storey house in Mumbai. His private car collection is also housed there. The family's net worth is estimated at $ 43.4 billion.
# 6 Wertheimer: The brothers Alain and Gerard Wertheimer owe their wealth to their grandfather. Pierre Wertheimer promoted the fashion designer Coco Chanel in the 1920s. The investment has paid off: Chanel had sales of around 9.6 billion dollars in 2017. The family's net worth is $ 45.6 billion.
- Why do I need an iPhone
- Where is the surf resort of Mauritius
- What is the saddest vacation for you
- Which countries in Asia offer retirement visas?
- What do foreign tourists think of Kerala?
- What is Gender Discrimination
- How did wealth ruin your family
- What types of contracts are there
- North Africans are Arabs
- How long have horses been around?
- What forces are fighting against labor rights
- How Entrepreneurs Validate Healthcare Startup Ideas
- Who are the Pakistani Muslims
- How to make curry powder
- What do Americans dislike about England?
- Why are love marriages the most dangerous
- How do I treat this wound
- What are personal solutions
- What is good for an Indian dinner
- Little people are taken less seriously
- Investing Makes You Super Rich
- Where did you meet your husband
- What is the business model of DuckDuckGos
- What is the best house cat