Why do HR managers reject overqualified candidates
Rejection of applications: 7 examples of how to politely reject employees
Writing appreciative rejections: How to formulate application rejections
The fact is: the rejection of an application reflects the corporate culture to a certain extent. Applicants will remember if they receive a rejection and if so, how it is written.
Here are some recommendations on how to make the application rejection text polite, friendly and appreciative:
- Pay attention to the personal salutation and the correct spelling of the name. There has to be so much time - “Dear Applicant” shows a complete lack of interest.
- Customize the style. A manager with 10 years of professional experience expects different wording from the rejection than a school graduate who is currently looking for an apprenticeship position.
- Don't skimp on praise. Did one application particularly impress you? Speak it out calmly! An appreciative rejection is easier to digest.
- Put your message together from meaningful text modulesinstead of using a rigid template. Phrases such as “keep in evidence” or “the application does not fit into the profile” are a starting point, but not the best solution across the board.
- Give a meaningful reason, if possible - more on this below!
The reason for rejection: Do's and don'ts if you reject an application
The question of why is a sensitive issue. Many companies do not want to give a reason for the rejection or want to take no chances against that General Equal Treatment Act (AGG) to violate. This law states that no one may be rejected on the basis of age, origin, gender, etc. (Attention, the job advertisement must also comply with the AGG!)
In any case, a legally certain rejection is given if you are on factual reasons appointed, e.g. B .:
- Another applicant has more experience or a better education.
- The position has already been filled internally.
- There are currently no vacancies (for speculative applications).
- The salary expectations are too high (according to Statista, a major reason for rejections for many personnel decision-makers). A possible formulation in this case would be: “LEither your salary expectations differ from our current budget options for this position.“
And what if the application is rejected mainly because it too many errors contains? Then caution is advised: Throw z. B. Do not teach anyone bad or faulty German - you never know whether dyslexia or some other impairment is behind it. To give this as a reason would be a violation of the AGG.
It fails at the disastrous external shape? Then the question arises as to whether you want to point this out to the candidate. Kindly phrased, of course, something like this: "Please understand this comment as well-intentioned advice based on my experience as a HR manager: Your application documents could benefit if you improve the formatting.“
If you do not give a reason, you may have to expect that the Ask applicants for a reason. It is therefore essential to use an evaluation sheet for the interview. In this way, the decision will be easier in the end and you will have the reasons for acceptance and rejection in writing.
For employees: answer and polite rejection of an application
Let's move to the other side, namely that of the employee. Here, too, it can happen that one Thank you for canceling the job offer must, e.g. B. because ...
- another employer accepted the job sooner.
- the chemistry at the interview / trial work was not right.
- the employee's circumstances change unexpectedly drastically (move or similar).
So what can it look like if you have to withdraw your application?
Most importantly, the Rejection communicated at all becomes. The feedback leaves a good impression, even if it's just a brief thank you. A few lines are enough. In it should the thank you, the rejection itself and, if necessary, a brief explanation stand. The latter, however, is not mandatory and is at your own discretion.
Basic rules: Polite rejection of an application
Cancellations are not popular - neither with the sender nor with the recipient. At least there are some golden rules, how you can structure the rejection of an applicationthat your company will be fondly remembered:
- Remain friendly, polite and respectful - in one word: professional. This applies even if an applicant behaves exactly the other way around.
- Reply promptly. According to a survey from 2019, the majority of applicants expect that there will be 1-2 weeks between application and re-registration.
- Send back the application documents in full. Legally, they belong to the person who posted them in response to a job advertisement.
- The contact persons do not change constantly. If you cancel after the interview, the cancellation should come from someone who was present at the interview.
- Why are most truck drivers Sikh
- What problems do the rich share
- What do spies actually do
- Who is really liable for income tax
- How many millennials cook at home
- What types of SEO keywords never sell
- What do software consultancies do
- Should we choose physiotherapy for back pain
- What is ITA software
- Which state has the highest unemployment rate?
- A normal delivery is painful at birth
- What is the salary of a surveyor
- How are computers programmed to play chess?
- Are Northeast Indians racially Chinese
- How do you keep the best employees
- Are angels considered to be spirits
- Dead shopping malls can get new life
- What happens when men wear women's panties
- Shouldn't we eat fruit after eating
- How do you recognize your own delusions?
- How do you spend your free time
- Do you like AmpleLogic
- Is it unhealthy to eat ice cream for breakfast?
- Are the Kurds Muslims
- Who is Lee Hsien Loong's press secretary
- If F 35 is detected by the radar
- How lucrative is the field of demography
- What are the best construction companies in Milwaukee
- What are the names of the poles on stairs
- How do I accept a job offer
- How is Donald Trump seen in Europe
- How can I stop thinking nonsense?
- Seafood Is the immortal jellyfish edible
- How does it feel to kiss a lesbian