Why do I never finish anything
Why it is important to finish something
Last update: 03 August, 2018
Leaving things unfinished goes beyond simple carelessness or insignificant lightness. From a psychological point of view, this is a symptom that should not be ignored. This is especially true in cases where it occurs systematically rather than occasionally.
Those who never finish things also accumulate fears. Every obligation that is left unfulfilled, every responsibility that has been accepted but has not been fulfilled is like another open account. It runs through your own life, even if you don't always recognize it immediately. The emotional weight of postponed tasks can be overwhelming.
“Nothing makes you more tired than the constant reminder of an unfinished task.”
There can be many reasons for not finishing something. Sometimes it's external, but most of the time it's about you. You don't end something because something has got in the way or you specifically avoid it.
The reasons for not finishing something
Life has bigger, sometimes smaller tasks in store for you, which in turn also applies to personal goals. Not finishing something means that there is a break between the tasks and the goals set. Perhaps you even toy with the idea of actually finishing something, but fail because of the implementation. That way it is difficult to achieve your personal goals.
There are many reasons for this, but there are some that do particularly relevant are:
- Low self-esteem. Those who do not value themselves are of the opinion that their own actions have no value. Whether or not you finish something is not considered important.
- The feeling of failure. Failure to finish something equates to failure. As if everything was already lost and the effort was no longer worth it. This is one of the facets of depression.
- The feeling of uselessness. For some people, not finishing something means the better solution, as it means that they cannot go wrong. After all, they are afraid of the outcome.
- deflection. Sometimes there are things that take all of a person's attention, interest, or energy. This makes it impossible for her to concentrate on another task.
- overload. When there are more commitments than time, it often happens that people are unable to get things done.
The consequences of leaving something unfinished
Leaving something unfinished can have negative consequences. It leads to a feeling of fear that can persist. Self-esteem also suffers from constantly leaving things unfinished.
The consequences if you can't or don't want to finish something:
- It promotes long-term stress.
- A feeling of stagnation is created. You feel like you have stopped and unable to move forward.
- Your own productivity is influenced. It will be difficult to achieve important goals if you leave everything unfinished. In this way you constantly consume energy, but you are not very productive.
- One is inattentive.If you fail to finish something, it will be quite difficult to think about new projects. You don't feel the freedom it takes to start something new.
Leaving things unfinished is a problem that needs to be solved on two levels. On the one hand, it is important to break with old habits. One begins with a more or less unconscious act, which then becomes a habit.
Basically, you should orientate yourself on three basic aspects. On the one hand, realistic planning and goal setting are important. After that, the tasks should be divided up so that you have enough time and space for the implementation. The last point is about introducing active breaks. This means that you can draw new strength in limited rest periods and then continue.
On the other hand, the problem needs to be approached on a deeper level. It is possible to do something that you loathe and feel trapped in. It is also possible that a feeling of incompetence will invade you. Depression can also be behind anything. Whatever the case, it has to be investigated - possibly with professional help.You might be interested in ...
- How do you live according to the Bible
- What is a PF salary cut
- What is God's plan
- How to conduct the drone hunt
- What is a pathologist
- How do Thai people treat Indians
- Is ESL teaching a good career
- What a forbidden thing you did
- Why am I always hungry?
- Are PSU bankers really underpaid
- Which sura was fully revealed at once?
- Can you survive without a smartphone
- Why will AI never render humanity useless?
- When does life never make sense?
- What are some examples of American etiquette
- What is your favorite unhealthy food
- Which country is the best exporter of ceramics
- What makes Russian music sound Russian
- How can I prevent bone spurs
- Why do cocker spaniels howl
- Hitler wrote Mein Kampf in prison
- Why does shrimp smell so bad
- What is a psychic medium
- The Slovenian language is similar to the Serbian