Which curry is the easiest to prepare
Thai curry - different degrees of spiciness
Reading time: 6 min
Thai curry - one dish, many facets
What is a Thai curry?
You can prepare a curry dish according to very different recipes, from very mild to very spicy. The big thing in common is the use of a curry paste and often coconut milk. The curry paste not only influences the taste, but also the degree of spiciness of your dish. Meat, fish, tofu and / or various vegetables are often combined with this. It is up to you whether you prepare the dish in a pan or in a wok, whether you want to round it off with a portion of rice, enjoy it pure or as a Thai soup.
How does Thai curry taste?
The taste of your curries depends on both your choice of curry paste and your chosen fresh ingredients. A curry paste is often made up of chili peppers, lemongrass and different spices, which, depending on the selection and quantity, have a significant effect on the degree of spiciness.
All degrees of sharpness at a glance
Would you like the sharpness of all pastes at a glance? Is it best to save it and clip it to the refrigerator? Here you can find a PDF with all Thai curry, Indian curry, stir-fry and soup pastes.
How sharp is which color?
The classic Thai curries reflect the colors of a traffic light: green, yellow and red. The typical association with the color red suggests that it is the hottest of the varieties, but the color is deceptive. For the degree of sharpness, the traffic light colors must be viewed in a different order:
Green Thai Curry - fiery hot
By having the green curry paste especially with fresh green thai chili peppers is enriched, she gets her special fiery heat. Other ingredients, such as shallots, garlic and Thai ginger - also known as galangal, also support the degree of spiciness. The "Kaeng Khiao Wan", which is known in this country as Green Thai Curry, belongs to classic Thai cuisine. Do not forget delicious Thai basil when preparing it!
Red Thai Curry - creamy and hot
Well, the assumption that a red curry is spicy is not entirely wrong. The Red one "Kaeng Phet" is the most famous curry in Thai cuisine and gets his Sharpness and color mainly from red chillies. It's a little milder than the green curry, but still spicy! The spiciness is already in the name, because "Kaeng Phet" means something like "hot soup".
Yellow Thai curry - pleasantly mild
The yellow curry is that mildest of the three Thai classics. "Kaeng Kari" is also a more modern curry. This paste often consists of dried Thai chili peppers, which are slightly milder than the chili peppers for the green paste.
From sweet and mild to aromatic hot
If you like it a little hotter than the very mild curry, then this is it "Kaeng Phanaeng" something for you. It convinces with a nutty sweet note, there is something about it milder than red and green Thai curry and classically a little less fluid.
The "Kaeng Masaman" is a medium hot Thai curry, with a very aromatic note and comes from southern Thai cuisine. Perfect for those who like it a little more spicy, but don't dare to use the very hot varieties.
Thai curry too hot - what to do?
If you too much curry paste taken or them roasted too long in the pant, it can quickly happen that you like your curry dish too hot has become. If the served serving of rice doesn't soften the spiciness, then you can do the following:
- If your dish can use a little more sauce, then you can easily add the too spicy curry with it Coconut milk, milk, cream or yogurt stretch.
- If you like it a little more fruity and a little less liquid anyway, a mashed one will neutralize it banana very good. Desiccated coconut have a similar effect.
- Another possibility is that Addition of other ingredientslike more vegetables. Are particularly suitable for this Potatoeswhich, due to their strength, can soften your curry. If you want, you can take the potatoes out again afterwards. This is a little easier if you leave the potato whole or a little larger.
- Why are the Hazara not considered Turkish
- Have you ever had a lumbar puncture
- Why do teenagers wet their beds?
- You can bleed to death
- Why doesn't my sink drain
- What should westerners look for?
- Can the White House be sold
- Islam prohibits men from touching women
- How do Americans feel about illegal immigrants?
- How is the Indian economy affecting inflation
- Which company treats its employees best
- What are the names of Noah's daughters
- Can Indians handle spicy food
- What are some restrictions on project management
- What does gracious mean
- Stalin lived in luxury
- What are the Chinese often fragile about?
- How do I normalize high prolactin
- What percentage of Europe is white
- How effective were night fighters in World War II
- Which Indian city has the most vegetarians?
- How often are bank accounts hacked
- How are unit tests carried out
- How are hurricanes predicted