The British eat rice for breakfast
Food and drink in the UK
The poor image of British cuisine is a well-known stereotype. Still, it is worth trying some typical foods, as the food is well beyond its reputation. The central component of traditional cuisine is the roast, usually lamb, beef, pork or poultry, with fried potatoes and vegetables. The various pies, the roast beef and the juicy steaks are also recommended. Thanks to its island location, fish dishes are also widespread. In addition to these traditional influences, modern British cuisine is also shaped by the culinary specialties of the immigrants. You can find Indian and Chinese restaurants and snack bars in all major cities. Some Indian dishes, such as the Curry Chicken Marsala, are now so popular with the British that they are also counted among the British specialties.
The most important meal is the rich breakfast. It starts with a serving of muesli, yoghurt or cornflakes, followed by the famous hearty meal of fried eggs, beans, bacon, fried sausages, cooked tomatoes and sometimes fried mushrooms or fish. There is also plenty of toast and various jams as well as fresh fruit. Even if this seems very generous for our breakfast habits, you should definitely try the traditional British breakfast once. On normal working days, however, due to lack of time, the British only eat cornflakes and toast, on weekends the traditional breakfast is celebrated all the more.
Lunch is taken between 12:30 pm and 2:00 pm and is less extensive. Most of the time you eat a sandwich, where you can choose between numerous variants. The classic "fish and chips" are also popular as lunch snacks. The traditional “Sunday Roast” is served on Sundays: roast beef, pork or lamb, with baked potatoes, peas, Brussels sprouts or beans. Lamb is eaten with mint sauce and is particularly common in Wales. Horseradish sauce is served with beef and apple sauce with pork. Dessert is either rice pudding or the very delicious crumbles.
The famous tea break is a must in the late afternoon. The British like to eat cookies or small sandwiches with the obligatory black tea. The evening meal (“supper” or “dinner”), which is served between 7:00 p.m. and 8:30 p.m., is then stronger again, mostly there are meat and vegetables in different variations.
- What is the population of china
- What powers do executors have?
- Inflation is always bad
- Why is my little toe swollen
- Small auto dealerships are a scam
- Why are older people so curious
- Seafood Is the immortal jellyfish edible
- Which political party controls NDTV
- Why don't bonsai trees get bigger?
- What is the difference between NADH and NADPH
- How is an egg not vegetarian
- Mazda car company How is the Mazda3
- What makes an ISFP
- What is the classification of moral values
- Which country has the most tourist frauds?
- What are some Christian friendly Muslim countries
- What percentage of Europe is white
- Should I cheat on my tests
- Multiple sclerosis causes bloodshot eyes
- Are there women from crossdressers here
- What makes you afraid of today's youth?
- What is Decision Making Explain business decisions
- How do you order brunch
- What does a typical Colombian look like