What does a clinical research coordinator do
Research coordinator job description
Society would not know exactly how exercise or cigarettes affect health, or whether drugs for certain diseases are effective, without research or clinical research coordinators in place. Research coordinators recruit and examine subjects for research studies and, with the help of research managers, determine the sample sizes for tests, with participants being divided into control and test or trial groups, from which the latter receive the drugs to be tested. While income varies by employer and geographic area, the average salary for a research coordinator in 2014 was $ 37,000, according to the Mayo Clinic.
As soon as research coordinators recruit clinical test participants, they receive written declarations of consent from test subjects. They also meet with the participants and inform them about the test specifications. The aim of the research coordinators is to ensure similarities between control and test participants in order to avoid deviations from test data and to achieve valid results. These similarities can include ages, diets, and lifestyles, for example. Other important tasks of the research coordinators are dispensing test drugs, collecting and analyzing data, writing and distributing interim reports and maintaining computer databases for individual studies, some of which may take years.
Most research coordinators work as science managers in laboratories, clinics or hospitals. Local, state, and federal agencies, such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, also employ research coordinators. The hours for these research specialists can vary on days, evenings, or weekends depending on the employer they work for. Some may work overtime to make sure they meet test deadlines.
Education and Skills
The educational requirements for research coordinators vary by employer. Most prefer hiring employees with at least a bachelor's degree or Masters Degree in Clinical Research. Others may only hire research coordinators who have one or more years of clinical research experience and a bachelor's or associate's degree in nursing. If research coordinators require a degree in nursing, they must also take the National Council Licensure exam for Registered Nurses or Licensed Practical Nurses. Other essential qualifications include attention to detail and interpersonal, time management, writing, computing and research skills.
A research coordinator can become a senior research coordinator or manager after having one or more years of research coordinator experience. Senior research coordinators hire, train and oversee research coordinators. In 2014, Mayo Clinic reported revenues of up to $ 68,000 for senior research coordinators. A few levels higher than the senior research coordinator is the position of medical doctor or scientist. These top scientists assist pharmaceutical and other medical leaders in developing goals and strategies for research studies. According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), natural scientists made an average of $ 132,850 in May 2013.
The BLS does not specifically forecast jobs for Research coordinators. It estimates that the number of employees working for science managers rose 6 percent from 2012 to 2022. This is slower than the national average of 11 percent expected growth for all occupations. More job outsourcing and a consolidation of responsibilities will moderate the growth in employment for natural scientists. Research coordinators can expect some employment opportunities to arise as a result of changing jobs or retirement.
Video tutorials:? IWMM [Meta] - Back to the roots or: What #NewWork means for social organizations !.
- According to the Bible what is death
- Did you vote for BJP in 2019
- How would you improve the Indian economy
- Who loses more from economic inflation
- What dries clothes faster in heat or wind
- Who exactly are transgender people 1
- Which country does not share the land border
- Dry cleaning includes the use of petroleum products
- Who is the best trained BJP leader
- What is the name of a woman with two husbands
- Why doesn't Coca Cola buy Pepsi
- What are the guys from Thailand
- What are some examples of social norms
- What things could make my life interesting?
- Is Asian food actually unhealthy?
- Why do some people find feet attractive
- How many green berets die each year
- How do you convince your parents
- What are the disadvantages of registering a business
- What are some examples of wooden swords
- Which are the most famous celebrity couples
- Are Serbia and Turkey friends now?
- What are some famous things in German
- What is the maximum salary a company will provide