How to make a roux
For the light roux, melt the butter or margarine in a saucepan.
Remove the saucepan from the stove, stir in the flour with a mixing spoon and mix into a thick flour mash.
Now add the liquid with the help of a whisk and stir everything well.
Put the pot back on the plate and bring to the boil while stirring constantly. Season with salt or stock cube to taste.
This roux can be used as the basis for many soups and vegetable dishes, it is up to you whether you add a little more or less liquid, depending on how thick you want the roux.
You can prepare a quick creamy vegetable or vegetable soup with this roux, in which case you should deglaze with the vegetable boiling water instead of water.
A pinch of grated nutmeg or a little white pepper is always suitable as a spice for a light roux.
If you stir-fry the flour in the fat on the stove top until it is light brown and fragrant, then deglaze it with the liquid, you will get a dark roux, as you would, for example, when binding cooked lentils, dark bean kernels or a burnt dark Flour soup, or one brown basic sauce used.
For 4 people, one serving of light roux has approx. 70 kcal and approx. 5 g of fat
- What gifts would make a nurse happy?
- A normal delivery is painful at birth
- What are Australia's largest exports and imports
- What is the salary package at Cognizant
- What does construction management need
- Why do I hate seafood
- How often do you think about retirement
- What's right with billionaires
- What kind of piano should I buy?
- Why can't I wake up
- What are the salaries in IOCL
- What are your flaws
- What will happen when Nelson Mandela dies
- What does the national language mean
- How do you live on an island
- How burns spread
- What are the refreshing seminar topics
- Is there an English version of Baidu
- Automation How automatable are nursing homes
- Why is dark skin considered ugly
- What were the Nazis' human experiments
- What only New Zealanders understand
- What's the coolest thing about Nigerians
- The earth is getting hotter