What makes you afraid of today's youth?
Shell Youth Study: Young people fear pollution
According to a survey, environmental pollution is the dominant topic when it comes to the fear of the future of young people in Germany. 71 percent of 12 to 25 year olds said in a survey that the topic scared them, according to the results of the Shell youth study published in Berlin. In the previous study from 2015, fear of terrorist attacks was still at the fore. According to the latest survey, this issue still worries two thirds of young people today. Fear of climate change comes in third (65 percent).
When asked about values that are important to young people, the importance of environmental issues becomes apparent: According to the authors of the study, the value of environmentally conscious living has become more important than in 2002 (71 percent say yes compared to 60 percent in the Year 2002). The value political engagement experienced a similar increase in importance (34 percent compared to 22 percent in 2002).
The subtitle of the study is: "A generation speaks up". Nonetheless, less than half of the respondents describe themselves as politically interested or very interested. Almost four out of five adolescents and young adults (here: 15 to 25 years old) are therefore satisfied with the democracy in Germany. In East Germany in particular, satisfaction has risen sharply: While it was a good 50 percent in 2015, it has now risen to two thirds.
For the Shell Youth Study, young people have been asked about their attitudes every three to five years since 1953. This year, from the beginning of January to mid-March, 2,572 children, adolescents and young adults between 12 and 25 years of age were surveyed by interviewers on the basis of a standardized questionnaire. In addition, 20 in-depth, guideline-based discussions were held with young people. Among other things, the following questions were asked: "Do the following things make you afraid or not afraid?" - "How important are the following things for you personally?"
- What were Hitler's favorite books?
- Why does my boyfriend's bisexuality bother me?
- Why don't the Japanese have sex
- What should I do after completing the MBA
- How often do teenage girls cry
- What is intellectual arrogance
- How intelligent are snakes
- Is there absolute knowledge
- How much do you love your home
- Is medium com biased
- How jaundice causes death
- What exactly is data wrangling
- Do you love older people
- Gives Vidya Mandir on vacation vacation
- What do Canadians think of British immigrants?
- What is your greatest professional courtesy pet annoy
- Who actually controls the Maharashtra government?
- How did Portugal influence Japan?
- Which salivary gland produces the most saliva
- What are the types of baby birth
- Is HR and departments against each other
- Which is better sanitary or computer science
- Help Trump's policies the economy
- How do you flirt with cute boys