How are your grades in school
sofatutor magazine student
Spanked your last job and don't know how to explain it to your parents? These nine tips will help you understand them.
Tip 1: choose the right time
Don't tell your parents about the grade when they're in a bad mood, hungry, or stressed out. Test your current mood beforehand. For example, if the grade is particularly bad, you could For example, surprise them with breakfast to make them feel positive.
Tip 2: good grade, bad grade
If you have to confess a bad grade to your parents, the best thing to do is to come up with some positive news. Perhaps a teacher praised your oral work or you gave a good presentation. While that won't undo the bad grade, it does show your parents that you are otherwise doing well in school.
Tip 3: tell the truth
“I couldn't read the assignments because I had forgotten my glasses!” - “My teacher moved the work forward two days, so I couldn't learn enough!” - Parents do not find excuses or lies. It's best if you tell them the truth. Show them that you are angry about the bad censorship too.
Tip 4: show feelings
If you want your parents to be understanding about a bad grade, don't seem indifferent. Show your feelings openly. Are you upset, sad or blaming yourself? When your parents find that you are seriously disturbed by the bad censorship, they will be more understanding.
Tip 5: Find out the reason for the bad censorship
Before discussing the bad grade with your parents, you should be clear about what caused it. Why was it that your work turned out so:
- Have you learned enough
- Did you have all the information you needed to study?
- Did you prepare other topics than finally got there?
- Did you have enough time to prepare?
- Do you find it particularly difficult to deal with the subject?
- Do you need additional help?
Worrying about this is a step in the right direction. Because that's how you find out what you can do better in the future. Your parents will also appreciate that you have already analyzed your poor performance.
Tip 6: Relate the grade of the work or the test
Find out in advance how important the grade is compared to the overall grade. If it is just a small test, the bad grade has less of an impact on the grade. The best thing to do is to talk to your teacher about this. He or she can explain to you how much the censorship affects your overall grade.
Tip 7: Write down the grade point average for the class
Find out how your classmates did on the test or work. Usually the teacher also writes the average grade on the blackboard. Maybe you weren't as bad as you thought by comparison. Sometimes work turns out badly in general. If the grade point average is e.g. B. 3.5, you and your four are only slightly below the average of the class. You should share this insight with your parents. This way they can better understand that the work was just very difficult.
Tip 8: try to balance the grade
Discuss with your teacher how you can make up for the bad grade. This is how he or she notices that you are trying to improve yourself. Here are some ideas you can suggest to compensate:
- better oral participation in class (within a specified period of time)
- additional projects or presentations
- a term paper on the topic of the thesis / a future topic
- work on additional exercises on the topic (e.g. at sofatutor)
The best thing to do is to write down what your teacher suggests. You can show this list to your parents along with the bad grade. This is how you show them that you take the censorship seriously and that you absolutely want to compensate for it.
Tip 9: make your parents laugh
You should only use this method if your parents understand this type of humor. Otherwise, these hilarious bad grade excuses can go wrong:
- “Yes, I got a six on the geography test. But the main thing is that we are all healthy, right? "
- “I don't even know how all the mistakes got into math work. The number wizard was probably at work there! "
- “So a four is enough. And if something is enough, that's good. And good is a two. So I actually wrote a two! "
- "It was so dark in the classroom that the solar cells on my calculator didn't work!"
- "With my cheat sheet I would have written a much better grade, but my teacher was looking over the whole time."
- “Actually, the five is Paul's fault. I finally copied from him. "
Do you have any other tips on how to confess a bad grade to your parents? Leave us a comment below this post.
Cover picture: © SpeedKingz / shutterstock.com
What to do now ...
- motivation in learning is the key to success! Get those now Motivational tipsin this video.
- Go to Journey of discovery and see how sofatutor can help you learn.
- Talk to your parents and test sofatutor 30 days long free.
More related articles
Election Challenge 2021: Shoot your own educational video and explain the federal election
In September the Germans put two crosses and elect a new government. Do you know how such a federal election works and what a compensation mandate is? If so, pull out your smartphone, explain it to others and win a new iPhone or other great prizes in sofatutor's election challenge. Was Angela Merkel Federal Chancellor all your life? [...]
These are the winners of sofatutor's Abitur challenge!
If the learning stress also has something good: sofatutor's Abitur challenge provided inspiring & funny contributions, which are of course also influenced by Corona. We introduce the three winners. Spoiler: The winning teams have become! How do students learn for the most important exams of their school career when everything around them is different than usual? As […]
The 14 Best Learning Strategies For School: How To Achieve Your Learning Goals!
What is the best and fastest way to learn? You should be familiar with these top learning strategies in order to optimally prepare for each exam. Have you ever tried to talk to yourself? What do you want to know about learning strategies? Why are learning strategies important? The 14 best learning strategies at a glance 1. Index cards to review 2. Memory for school 3. Self-talk, [...]
Exam anxiety - these 11 tips will keep you relaxed
A little nervousness is part of every exam and even increases performance. However, if you have this feeling so severe that it paralyzes you, you are likely suffering from test anxiety. Here's what you can do about it. What is exam anxiety Typical symptoms of exam anxiety in children Causes of fear of tests and exams What [...]
8 learning techniques: this will help you memorize the school material better
Are you practicing for class work, but can't remember anything? We'll tell you which eight methods and tricks you can use to improve your learning technique. Learning techniques: what is it? Learning techniques: what are they? Get an overview Understand content instead of reading texts Take notes Simulate a test Take breaks SQR3 method Learning while sleeping Speed reading Visualization The curve [...]
Abi-Challenge: Win 2000 € for the Abitur!
You are on the home straight: Only a few more weeks and you have finally got your high school diploma in your pocket! In order to support you and your Abitur class, the learning platform sofatutor awards 2000 euros for the best post about your everyday learning! Filling the Abikasse with your mail The exam preparations are in full swing and you and your [...]
68 series and films for learning English
Regardless of whether you are just starting to learn English or are already a language professional: With these 68 English films and series you can playfully improve your listening comprehension and expand your vocabulary. What do you want to know? That's why you improve your English by watching TV 8 tips: How to watch English films and series correctly 10 English series for [...]
9 tips for beautiful handwriting
Pig claw, scrawl, doctor's writing - those who write in a messy way don't make a good impression. In the worst case, even the grades suffer. These nine tips will help you develop beautiful handwriting. Why is proper handwriting important? Your own writing is often referred to as the "mirror of the soul". Therefore it can also be very individual. But at the same time it is a [...]
How do you design a poster for school?
Whether for a lecture or for the presentation of the results of group work - posters are popular in the classroom and with teachers. When designing, however, you should pay attention to a few things. Here you will find valuable tips on how to make your poster informative and visually appealing. 👀 No time to read? - Let the video explain it to you! 🙌 [...]
- What is HR and Payroll
- There is an app for Instagram pictures
- Has taken over Capgemini Ernst Young
- Is immigration reform part of the solution?
- What does the Telugu word mean
- Regret owning a dog
- Why did Americans adopt Christianity?
- What is Bohag Bihu
- How would you outsource 100 jobs
- What is the best alternative to ERP
- Why does bread get so thick
- How do accidents happen in the workplace
- How can I learn UX UI design
- Biology What is Nutmeg Oil
- What dreams came true in life
- What are strategies to win checkers
- What are the basic requirements for email
- What is God's plan
- Why were bus drivers important to Australia
- Why not more hotels have breakfast buffets
- Would Ethiopians be considered Arabs?
- What do analog headphones look like
- Why do prisoners wear Tyvek
- Why do I put others in front of myself