What are Gantt Charts
Welcome to Gantt.com!
Gantt charts are commonly used in project management. They are one of the most common and effective ways to view activities (tasks and events) based on time. To the left of the diagram there is a list of activities, on a bar at the top - from left to right - there is a matching timeline. Each activity is represented by a bar, which represents the start date, the duration and the end date.
- What different activities there are
- When the activities start and end
- What duration is planned for the activities
- Where activities overlap and for how long
- Start and end dates of the entire project
In summary: A Gantt chart shows what to do (activities) and when (scheduling).
A simple Gantt chart
The first Gantt chart was designed around 1890 by Karol Adamiecki, a Polish engineer who ran a steel mill in southern Poland and became interested in management ideas and techniques.
About 15 years after Adamiecki, Henry Gantt, an American engineer and management consultant, developed his own version of the diagram: it was through him that it became well known and popular in the western world. Accordingly, it was Henry Gantt after whom diagrams of this type were named.
Originally, Gantt charts were laboriously created by hand; every time something changed in the project, it had to be touched up or the diagram even redrawn. This of course limited its advantages, because projects normally change several times during their course. Today, however, Gantt charts can be created and changed very easily with the help of computers and project management software.
Today, Gantt charts are commonly used to keep track of project schedules. It makes sense to be able to add further information to the individual tasks or phases; For example, how the tasks are linked to one another, how far a task has already been completed or which resources are available in each case.
Create a Gantt chart like in our examples
to watch video
- Which cost higher software build software tests
- Why do people eat together on Thanksgiving
- What does salpichroa
- Is It Legal To Buy CBD Oil?
- How are software estimates beneficial?
- Millennials are as bad as everyone says they are
- Why do my dreams come true sometimes
- What does the term backward pushing mean?
- Do you live alone
- How do large companies motivate their employees
- What inspires us
- Why is divorce harder for men?
- The loss of the cervical lordosis is severe
- What does mud mean in slang
- What's your only moment in Rhode Island
- How has industrialization helped society
- Which US construction company is hiring international students?
- What is a middle life crisis
- How is the food in Sri Lanka
- How do fortune tellers get famous
- Why did Thatcher shut down the mines
- What are the basic principles of ethics
- Is Amitabh Bachchan nice to people
- What are the most difficult math fields