How safe are day care centers
Safety in the KiTa: you should know that to protect the children
It is not only necessary to train specialists in the event of a fire. Clear rules as to who can pick up children are (unfortunately) absolutely necessary and prevent terrible fates.
Involve the parents and inform them about the existing safety measures at the parents' evening. You should also receive justified criticism and try to implement comprehensible suggestions for improvement.
Every kindergarten is different. Different pedagogical orientations are taken up and different professional accents are set. This diversity can be rated positively. While one family prefers to choose a forest kindergarten for their child, another may choose a Montessori daycare center or a family-run children's shop in the city center.
But whatever the specific facility, all parents have the right to have their children safely housed in it. Thus, a carefully considered safety concept is one of the basic tasks of every educator, who therefore has a great deal of responsibility. As far as the safety of children is concerned, educators have major and minor decisions to make every day and it is not always easy to find out what is wrong and what is right, what is excessive and what is essential.
Table of Contents
1. Case study: Picking up the child by a stranger
Shortly before a mother from Berlin-Reinickendorf wants to pick up her older son from daycare, her little daughter pulls the tablecloth and pours the hot coffee over her arm. The mother immediately drives her to the hospital after she hastily asked the neighbor to pick up the son for her from the day care center. The helpful neighbor rushes off immediately, but has justified doubts whether the child would be given to her at all. Although she is entering the day care center for the first time, the child is handed over to her after a brief description of the domestic accident.
As a result, the mother thinks a lot and speaks to the other parents. Actually, the educator should somehow have checked the neighbour's story for correctness. A phone call, for example. Under other circumstances such a story could at least have ended tragically. She speaks to the teacher about it. She is horrified. The mother would have had the idea herself and besides, she just wanted to help. She would have simply relied on her feelings and that was also the right thing to do.
As much as one can understand both sides, the mother is right. Under no circumstances should the educator have given the child to a stranger. She is responsible for the safety of her charges and is personally liable if something happens to a child.
2. Safety in kindergarten
Safety in kindergarten comes first.
Safety in kindergarten is an important but difficult topic. Parents want their children to be in good hands in the day care center and they worry about it. They confront the teachers with many questions: Isn't an open fire in the form of an Advent wreath in the day care center too dangerous? Why are the children eating outside even though it is wasp time? Aren't the new toys too small-scale for a nursery group?
The teachers often reach their limits in terms of content and emotions. They want their parents to trust them more. The parents of today's generation are often called “helicopter” parents because they would like to watch their offspring around the clock. Now that is not necessarily in the interests of the children, who are supposed to develop freely in the day care center.
One thing is certain: a well thought-out security concept is mandatory in every daycare center. Every daycare center must appoint a safety officer from among the teachers, who regularly takes part in training courses, identifies dangers and informs her colleagues about them.
3. Education of parents
Of course, the objection of many educators is that parents today are too muchoverprotective are not entirely unjustified. Children must also have their own experiences and be able to face predictable dangers in order to survive in the world. Many daycare centers consciously practice dealing with fire or design exercise courses that the children have to master. But the children in kindergarten have to be protected from real dangers.
Keep up to date on your child.
But what is too much and what is too little? It is often difficult to decide what is appropriate and what is negligent. A thorough examination of the topic is essential for every educator.
If she wants to gain the parents' trust, it is advisable to demonstrate her safety efforts to the parents. So she can report on a parents' evening what she is doing for safety in kindergarten. For example, she can explain to parents how she stocked the shelves. That small parts are only kept out of the reach of the crèche children. Or it shows that, together with the children, she has put glaring warning stickers on jamming points on drawers, for example. It also provides information about the fixed collection modalities. In a day care center, for example, copies of the ID of all persons authorized to collect the child are kept in the files of the respective child and compared with the original when they are picked up. And of course an attendance list is kept.
In addition, parents can even be involved in the safety efforts. For example, who helps to remove the poisonous plants in the kindergarten's garden? Transparency and openness create trust and lead to a good relationship between the educator and the parents.
The topic of safety in daycare is very diverse: it includes topics such as toys, nutrition, accident prevention, sun protection, plants and much more. In order to live up to the responsibility, it is important to read well and give detailed thought to them. Then you are on the safe side.
4. Safety equipment that should not be missing in any facility.
- ✅ CONTENT ACCORDING TO DIN 13157: Our first aid kit naturally corresponds to the current DIN 13157 and thus fulfills all guidelines and obligations for companies as well as for public and social institutions. But our first aid kit is also ideal for at home.
- ✅ SHELF LIFE AT LEAST 5 YEARS: All sterile parts of our case can be kept for at least 5 years. When selecting the materials, we always paid attention to the highest quality, which means that the contents still have an optimal quality even towards the end of their shelf life. After the expiry date, the contents can be exchanged for an inexpensive refill set. You can continue to use the case, which is also good for the environment.
- ✅ INCLUDING INSTRUCTIONS: When it has to go quickly, unfortunately very few remember the first aid course, which was sometimes several years ago. For this reason, we have put a lot of effort into creating clear and informative instructions. So everyone knows what to do, even in an emergency.
- ✅ INCLUDING PRACTICAL WALL MOUNT: Even the best first aid kit is only useful if it is seen. That is why we have included a practical and intuitive wall bracket in our case. In this way, the first aid kit can be placed easily and clearly visible. Thanks to the intelligent design of the holder, the case can be removed at lightning speed in an emergency.
- ✅ HIGH-QUALITY PLASTIC HOUSING: In an emergency, it has to be done quickly, as it can happen that the first aid kit is handled a little rudely. For this reason, we have chosen the very best when choosing the plastic. As a result, the first aid kit is impact-resistant and break-proof and all parts of the contents are optimally protected and always ready for use.
Photo credits: yanlev / Adobe Stock, MNStudio / Adobe Stock (sorted by order in the article)
- What are the advantages of curtain walls
- What do the Chinese think of Mongols?
- What's the best weather app
- How can I pass CATTI 2
- Are you planning to live in China
- How is family life in China
- Is V by BTS single
- Was Atatuerk gay or bisexual
- What English accent do you speak
- Which car do millionaires drive the most?
- Telugu language which means Spandana
- What does ICT
- How can Google Maps show bus stops
- What is your opinion on LGBT Christians
- What is the best online remote desktop service
- Have boomers compassion or envy generation y
- Will cryptocurrency ever replace cash?
- At what age should girls stay up to date
- What is a life changing experience
- When are you too old to drive?
- How do I become a CNA online
- What British English words drive Americans crazy?
- What is considered great for a man
- Why don't bad people die sooner
- How does the trauma spread over generations
- Make technical managers at Google Code
- Which perfume smells like cookies
- How much are young actors paid
- In addition to the change in the supply of money, which causes inflation
- How did Jesus kill Allah
- Fish oil capsules should be refrigerated
- Are journeyman electricians licensed
- How should you motivate yourself?
- What's your rating of Dementia Care