How is Dev Patel in real life
Problems with its Indian roots
Dev Patel (26) first had to learn to appreciate his origins.
The actor was born in London to two Hindus. While he is proud of his roots today, he couldn't say that of himself in his youth. "I struggled with my identity growing up in London. My great-grandmother couldn't speak English, so I tried to knit a sentence in Gujarati with a bit of English slang, but then she laughed at me," he revealed the British 'Time Out' magazine.
"But I also denied parts of my Indian origins. In order not to be bullied and to belong." Above all, his role in 'Slumdog Millionaire' brought the star not only fame, but also finally understanding of his roots. "When I went to India to film Slumdog, it opened my mind and allowed me not only to accept my culture but also to appreciate it," said Dev.
In his new flick, 'Lion', he was allowed to explore his origins again, as he portrays Saaro Brierley. He was adopted (in real life as well) by an Australian couple after he had lost his parents. As an adult, he used Google Earth to locate his family in Calcutta.
In real life, however, Dev Patel is not really a friend of Instagram and Co, as he revealed: "They say that you can get roles with a large following. But I'm old-fashioned, I'm just trying to be an artist."
- Should linguists be multilingual
- What makes a domain name
- You are allowed to drive blind people legally
- When did bushrangers stop?
- What do Taiwanese think of Okinawa
- Which country has the best breakfast
- Why does dementia cause incontinence
- What's broken in business travel
- When did you see your father cry?
- Is Paul considered an apostle
- What are the project phases
- Is Hong Kong a culturally homogeneous city
- How does someone get good gang members?
- What is the typical food in France
- Why do people value their childhood days
- Why do people do startups
- Should a junior developer work from home
- Why do Canadians like donuts
- Why do Asian races have slanted eyes
- Where can we find Australian girls
- What is risk management in outsourcing
- Why is VAT important
- What are moldavite gemstones
- What is Facebook in Chinese