How do I deal with everyday life
How do I deal with medication in everyday life?
More and more people are taking medication on a regular basis. The elderly and the chronically ill in particular are often treated with several drugs at the same time. However, it is not always easy to deal with it correctly in everyday life.
Medicines on everyone's lips
Medicines are often prescribed to treat illnesses. 49% of all Austrians regularly take prescription drugs. In the case of people over 60 years of age, the figure is as high as 81%. In addition, the simultaneous intake of different medications increases with age, especially if the affected person has several illnesses.
It is all the more important to use the prescribed medication to be taken correctly and regularly. Studies show that this is only the case in 50%.
Relief through clear sequence
In order to deal with medication correctly in everyday life, above all knowledge, competence and motivation are required. Applying this knowledge begins with “getting” the medication. The others Process steps include “taking in”, “understanding”, “observing oneself”, “reacting”, “organizing and integrating” and, last but not least, “maintaining”.
Get it in time
Keyword “Obtaining”: Here it is important that the medication is already available when you are released from the inpatient stay. Because practice shows that up to 24% of the medication is not obtained by those affected. In order to provide support here, the RUDOLFINERHAUS offers its inpatients a special pharmacy delivery service.
At the "Understand“The main thing is that those affected know why they should take the prescribed medication and what side effects they can cause. Clarification by specialist staff is particularly important here! Take your time and ask! This can significantly improve the success of the treatment.
Medication plans and pill boxes
Especially the "Organize and integrate“Can be a challenge in everyday life. It takes routine and certain rituals to think about taking different drugs at different times. Appropriate medication plans in conjunction with commercially available medication cans or pill boxes can help here. Let experts advise you!
That is important regular and correct "intake" of the prescribed medication. Concern from those affected may lead to them, for example, consuming less than the prescribed amount. Caregivers can identify the reasons for this in conversation and thus improve “therapy compliance”.
„Observe“: It is not always easy to distinguish symptoms of illness from the side effects of a certain drug or to recognize symptoms of illness in good time. By keeping a specific diary in which you enter your health and symptoms, you can train your mindfulness and introspection. Regular meetings with specialist staff can help you assess the effects correctly and assess them at an early stage react.
The aim is for you to learn how to use multiple drugs safely and permanently for your situation maintain.
- Is indigenous to an ethnic group
- Why do people show their cuts
- How do I get smooth clear skin
- Morgellons disease disappears
- How is the economic slowdown affecting inflation?
- Can we stop the hair loss immediately?
- What's my Coinbase wallet address
- What are the coupon sites in Indonesia
- Why do hospitals smell so bad
- What are smells made of
- The waiver of privileges can cascade
- Why did my father kill himself
- Why is it hard to do the right thing
- Is BESCOM private or state
- What is the average IQ of a programmer
- Is it easy to remove coke stains
- How did the Vikings preserve their meat
- What is it like to be a slacker
- What kind of dirt is in the water
- What year did Barack Obama become President?
- Why is modern art so hated?
- How much does a used backhoe loader cost
- How did China get rich
- Why do severe wounds heal so slowly