May straight men like gay men
When gay men are idealized by women
Maybe we are so interesting for you as conversation partners because we never look at you with a classic "male gaze" - we have neither sexual nor romantic interest in you. That's why we probably understand a little better than our heterosexual colleagues what it must feel like: the constant risk of sending the wrong signals, questioning the intentions of men or even being sexually harassed. And we naturally have exciting insides for you, what it's like to be a cis-man - without any strange sexual tension between us.
Of course, it is important to also critically question our relationship with one another: Even if it is totally beautiful and special, this deep inner bond between us is based on common fears and the search for protection. Be it before bullying, sexual tension or even assaults. And don't get me wrong: I don't want to bash all straight men. I am aware that the majority of them are probably neither homophobic nor see every woman as a pure sex object. The problem is more likely that this heteronormative cis masculinity is unfortunately a damn robust construct that nobody can completely escape from, not even we gay men. But until we solve this problem, most of us are perfectly fine with idealizing the relationship between women and gay men a bit - because it's just damn beautiful! <3
- How intelligent is Amit Shah
- Christians divorce their wives
- Why does my Instagram message disappear automatically
- Is snow more beneficial than rain
- Who saved the world
- What drives a narcissistic person crazy
- How can you dispute parking tickets
- What is music for old people
- What do foreigners think of Slovakia?
- School makes people less brutal
- Why don't dictators simply declare themselves monarchs?
- How is globalization affecting agriculture?
- How do you make love in the end?
- Must countries have capital
- Should wage taxes apply
- Actually no contact would work for me
- Is it worth hiring a lawyer
- Why can't chickens fly?
- Is Telugu a better language than Tamil
- Why is Otto Porter Jr. so overpaid
- What is your personal growth and development
- Have you ever broken someone's heart
- What do people love about Sydney, Australia
- How can I deal with group projects
- What are some traditional New Zealand holidays
- What is it like to win Wimbledon
- What is the safest city in Bangladesh
- Everyone pays capital gains tax
- DRDO or ISRO directly recruits PhD students
- What is currently happening in Syria
- What are computing devices
- How often should I vacuum my home?
- How can I bypass a Websense filter
- How was your experience studying medicine