Does the resume concern the interviewer
That is why telephone interviews make sense for applications in sales!
Every company and every applicant knows: For a good job interview in sales, you usually have to plan at least two to two and a half hours. Nevertheless, there is little time to check whether the mutual requirements and wishes for a position match. A telephone interview before the personal interview is an effective filter tool for both parties to clarify exactly that.
Robert Hoffmeyer, HR officer at Suxxeed Sales for your success GmbH, explains what is important in preparation and evaluation.
In sales, the personality and demeanor of a candidate are decisive - how can you assess these factors on the phone?
Not everything is revealed on the phone. But you can already judge the communication behavior, whether the applicant is actively listening, whether he lets the interlocutor finish speaking, whether he is polite and enthusiastic.
Basically, a well-planned telephone interview creates important freedom for the personal interview. Among other things, it will be discussed in advance how intensively the candidate has dealt with our company, the business model and the vacant position. Does the applicant really make it credible that he wants this position and is not just looking for a job?
From our point of view, the telephone interview is also an important tool for fundamentally clarifying the framework conditions. The company can get an idea of the applicant, and the applicant in turn has the opportunity to ask questions about the company. He can gather a lot of information that will help him in the decision-making process for a job.
And: The company can also advertise itself and increase interest in a position. Because the sales market is currently a market for applicants - good staff is difficult to find. The telephone interview is an efficient filter function for both parties.
How is a telephone interview structured, what information do you ask for?
Everything relating to the résumé, for example ambiguities in the information or gaps. You check whether the data in the CV matches the certificates and cover letters. Conspicuous data or formulations in the certificates can also be clarified in the telephone interview.
Another important point is to question the motives for changing. This is usually a big time waster in job interviews. In the end, the interviewer can evaluate very well whether the applicant's ideas and motivation match the vacant position. And the applicant also has all the information he needs to make his decision.
- Why do I like to be dominated?
- Which are the best teachers
- What's wrong with avoiding intimate relationships
- Why should we love our country
- Are there any social media jobs
- People actually still buy music
- Which pant shows the most
- Which colleges require students to wear uniforms?
- How much is the Facebook marketplace used
- How to become a corporate secretary
- What is London known for?
- How we grew up
- Seizes a stranger as an attack
- Why is Donald Trump's fortune increasing
- What does pogadtha
- Portuguese have Arab ancestry
- What is mansplaining
- What is Vancouver Canada
- Did the Romans ever meet the Vikings?
- What is actually a metal song
- How do I communicate benefits to employees
- How good is Travel Triangle
- Why don't adderall or caffeine affect me
- Has it made you happy to lower your expectations?