Allows AOL employees to work remotely
MUNICH (COMPUTERWOCHE) - Yesterday, Wednesday, AOL presented the latest version of its proprietary Internet access software and two other services. The most important innovation in "AOL 6.0" is a significantly improved e-mail client that supports HTML and with which the electronic messages can be sorted by subject, date or sender. In addition, AOL users can for the first time exchange HTML-formatted messages with users of other e-mail programs such as "Eudora" or "Outlook". In addition, the address book has been thoroughly revised and now resembles a full contact manager. The instant messaging program now allows the drag-and-drop organization of the buddy lists and includes new buddy icons, emoticons and automatic notification functions for "knocking" conversation partners according to the pattern "I'm not here" or "Please don't."
disturb ". A media player integrated in AOL 6.0 supports common audio and video formats.
The new software is available immediately in the United States. In Germany, Great Britain, France, Australia and Japan, it should come on the market in a few months.
In addition, AOL presented its new service "AOL Anywhere", with which users can design the view of the AOL website according to their taste. "AOL by Phone", in turn, enables subscribers to the US online service to check their e-mails and other online functions over the phone. AOL acquired the language software through its recent acquisition of Quack.com. This telephone service will initially be free of charge, but from February 2001 the online service plans to charge a flat fee of around five dollars a month.
- How do you surprise your life
- What are the dangers of dreaming lucidly
- What is the safety of baby cribs
- What are the installation codes
- What causes compulsive hoarding
- What do Koreans think of Indians
- What does the founding of a holding company mean?
- Sri Lankan people eat beef
- Does Claire's helix piercings
- Should there be choices in life
- How are union leaders paid
- Have you ever visited a dentist?
- Why should I use a mobile wallet?
- Why did you become a social worker
- How many illegal immigrants live in California
- What is an expensive australian dish
- Adult siblings spend time together
- Boris Johnson is the downfall of Great Britain
- What does your enneagram look like
- Why does the vaginal area turn black
- How is Mindvalley administered
- What makes Hinduism the most illogical religion
- Have you ever experienced a breakdown in your workplace?
- How is airport security