Why are Montessori schools so popular now
"At the moment, it seems to me that the most important thing is to get the rights of the child recognized in society. A child must be viewed in the same way as a human being. A citizen has his rights and those of an adult. A child can do himself don't defend yourself. And that's why parents have to do it. "
Maria Montessori was a pioneer in protecting and strengthening the dignity and rights of children. With her pedagogy, she became the advocate of children all over the world. She has set new standards for education. The Italian, born in 1870, initially absolutely did not want to become a teacher. It was only after studying medicine and working with handicapped people that she became a pedagogue.
On January 6, 1907, Maria Montessori opened a day care center for children from socially disadvantaged families in Rome's poor district of San Lorenzo. A key experience from her time as director of the children's home was the observation of a three-year-old girl who was completely absorbed in her work and did not allow herself to be disturbed by massive distractions. This scene is also known as the Montessori phenomenon. The children's home became the testing ground for their ideas:
"My experience shows that there are certain principles in psychological development. They have to be respected and followed in order to guarantee the mental health of a child. In my Montessori schools I put this knowledge into practice."
The central principle of Montessori pedagogy is: "Help me to do it myself". This is based on the assumption that the child is actively developing on its own. Upbringing can only be aimed at supporting individual personality development. For the teacher this means that he observes the child to find out which techniques he must use in order to promote the child to the maximum. Group work or individual work is preferred to frontal teaching. Maria Montessori has developed special work materials to stimulate the children. They are still used in class today. Maria Montessori's methods are enjoying growing popularity, especially since the poor performance of German students in the PISA studies, says Anna Friemond, headmistress of a Montessori primary school in Cologne:
"If you now hear suggestions on how schools should be improved, then there are many points that have actually always been implemented in Montessori pedagogy, such as the point of independence, that children should regulate their learning themselves, that they should learn To work with others are thoughts that weren't very popular until some time ago, and it is precisely from the side of science and education experts that individual learning has such an important function, so there is confirmation from a scientific point of view. "
Montessori education was not always as popular as it is today. In its 100-year history, the educational concept has experienced both euphoric enthusiasm and devastating criticism. During the Nazi era, Montessori institutions were banned in this country. The educational goal of Montessori, which was aimed at the individual, was a thorn in the side of the political rulers.
A few months ago, a study by the American science magazine "Science" certified that Montessori students achieved at least the same, but often better results than students who were taught without the Montessori method in all learning performance and social behavior. In an interview from 1950, two years before her death, Maria Montessori emphasized that the upbringing of children is important for the development of all humanity:
"Childhood is of the utmost importance for the entire development of human beings, and UNESCO also takes the education of children as the basis for better unity among people and for the renewal of human society. I see this as a great human task that gives me the strength and enthusiasm, despite my old age, still allows me to dedicate myself to this task with full commitment. "
- Cats have 8 or 9 lives
- Is Scotland an affordable place to live
- What makes you important
- Which countries are part of NATO
- Myanmar people eat beef
- What is WBM Roads
- What distinguishes professional musicians from amateur musicians
- What are Walmart part-time hours
- Has there been corporal punishment in your school
- Universities benefit from international students
- Which are some gripping romantic novels
- Why should business deal with chatbots
- Why does London have so many Indians
- Are there aliens and where are they
- Albania is the poorest country in Europe
- What is Decision Making Explain business decisions
- How can I improve my cleaning business?
- Did people deserve wealth?
- How many times has the world ended?
- Netflix keeps getting worse
- What is your happiest childhood memory
- Obama smokes weed
- What can I do with my car?
- What does the spiritual life entail
- Who are the best analytical theologians
- What are the benefits of drone delivery
- What are the different American accents
- What are the benefits of home cooked food
- How come schools don't teach penmanship
- Why do western people like Asian people
- How powerful is Shanks in One Piece
- What is Telugu word for street
- How do you remove pimples overnight
- What is the scope of construction management