How does chiropractic work
Chiropractic for blockages
According to chiropractic, back pain is caused by displaced vertebrae or cramped muscles, so that the spine is less mobile. According to the therapists, faults in posture or incorrect movement sequences are to be blamed for this. Chiropractic is an alternative treatment method that is very popular for back and joint pain.
Chiropractic: Who Invented It?
The term "chiropractic" comes from the Greek and means "to do something by hand". Modern chiropractic goes back to the Canadian Daniel David Palmer (1845-1913): He developed the special grip technique to bring the vertebrae and joints displaced according to this teaching back into their correct position.
According to the basic idea of chiropractic, almost all physical complaints can be traced back to malpositions and blockages of joints. Chiropractors therefore believe that many diseases such as migraines or high blood pressure can be treated by eliminating impaired joint function. This guiding principle has not been scientifically proven and is therefore not recognized in medicine.
A distinction must be made between the method and chiropractic therapy, which is used exclusively by doctors.
A therapy not for all ailments
"In Germany, chiropractic may only be practiced by non-medical practitioners or doctors with additional training in chiropractic," says Petra Rudnick, general practitioner at the TK medical center, adding: "A chiropractic treatment should only be carried out by trained and experienced hands, because the chiropractor tries it Solve blockages in the back or in the joints with just a few special movements. "
Through an initial consultation and a physical examination, the chiropractor checks whether the patient's complaints can and should be treated with chiropractic treatment. In order to get to know his patient, he asks about the intensity, duration and type of pain and what movements trigger it.
In addition, previous illnesses, operations, the use of medication or the general lifestyle are of interest. Only when all the information is available can the chiropractor make an accurate diagnosis and plan the therapy. In some cases, x-rays are needed to rule out organic diseases.
Release blockages with your hands
Contrary to what many patients expect, chiropractic should be painless. Muscle tension is to be eliminated through pressure and tension, blockages in the vertebrae are to be released and the stress on the nerves to be reduced.
Chiropractors assume that this treatment activates the body's self-healing powers and also alleviates other ailments. Put simply: a blockage can spread to the nerves and cause neck pain, headaches, numbness, high blood pressure, dizziness and digestive problems. Chiropractic sees an interaction between the musculoskeletal system, organs and the nervous system.
Well informed about treatment and risks
"Like many alternative treatment methods, chiropractic is controversial," says Petra Rudnick and adds: "Improper technology by the chiropractor can result in complications such as sensory disorders or paralysis."
Very rarely, chiropractic treatment of the cervical spine can damage the arteries: blood clots can form, which loosen, block a cerebral vessel and thus trigger a stroke. It is important that a chiropractor give their patients full information about the treatment and possible risks. The patient should of course inquire about the training and experience of the chiropractor before starting therapy.
"Chiropractic treatment is not suitable for older people who suffer from rheumatism, inflammatory joint diseases or osteoporosis," says Rudnick. "Even bone diseases or acute herniated discs do not belong in the hands of a chiropractor," says the general practitioner and naturopathic doctor.
- What's the best weather app
- Did Jesus exist 3
- Should European nations allow unlimited immigration
- Would you donate to a charity for the homeless
- Opium was used in China
- Which is better to learn algorithm
- What is the cause of an asset
- Which Versace Koeln smells best
- Why do teenagers wet their beds?
- What are SAP fees
- How is the government affected by inflation
- Why do married women have affairs
- What are P2P rental software providers
- How has industrialization helped society
- How difficult is the A-Level
- Why are older people moving to Florida
- How would Elon Musk have called Tesla
- What do you hope for
- Why are event management companies important
- Do men marry older women
- What are the benefits of vaginal fluid
- Why does AutoZone smell good
- Cats have 8 or 9 lives
- What is the best employee monitoring tool
- What are the consequences of the war
- Do handwritten letters still have meaning?
- How does the virtual assistant help your company?
- What is investing in Australia
- Really my boys what they say
- Is 300 calories a lot
- Replaces Dragon Ball Super GT
- Should medical students start coding and how
- Why does forced marriage occur
- What makes you bitter when you get older