How do you define your life partner
Register civil partnership
If you stand in front of the registrar, he will ask you which name you would like to determine as the civil partnership name. You have the following options:
You do not determine a civil partnership name
If you do not choose a civil partnership name, use the name you had at the time of the marriage after the marriage. In this respect, nothing else applies than for the marriage of spouses.
You wear then different names. You keep a previously used name even if you acquired it through a previous marriage or a previous registered civil partnership. So you are not required to return to your maiden name. This can become problematic if you and your new registered partner are given custody of a child together. You then have to determine the name of the child yourself. The determination of the name is the result of custody. A double name for the child is not permitted.
You choose a civil partnership name
Life partners according to the Life Partnership Act can have one common name or choose a civil partnership name by choosing either your name or your partner's name as the common name. The partner whose name does not become the civil partnership name can add or prefix his surname.
The explanation of which civil partnership name you would like to use should be made when establishing the civil partnership. The registry office with which you want to establish your registered civil partnership is responsible. Regardless of this, you can determine the civil partnership name at any time later. However, the law stipulates that the declaration must then be publicly authenticated. This of course creates additional costs. Public authentication means that you have to notarize your declaration with a notary.
Example: Your names are Benjamin Fröhlich and Nils Bauer. The following constellations are possible:
- Benjamin and Nils Fröhlich
- Benjamin and Nils Bauer
- Benjamin Fröhlich and Nils Fröhlich-Bauer
- Benjamin Fröhlich and Nils Bauer-Fröhlich
- Benjamin Fröhlich-Bauer and Nils Bauer
- Benjamin Bauer-Fröhlich and Nils Bauer
However, you are not allowed to choose your two surnames as double names as the common civil partnership name. So it would not be possible to use the names Benjamin Bauer-Fröhlich and Nils Bauer-Fröhlich as partnership names.
Note that triple names are excluded if a partner already has a double name. You have to decide which part of the name you want to bring into the new partnership. As a rule, you will decide on your maiden name. If your civil partnership is terminated, you keep the civil partnership name even after the termination, unless you declare to the registry office that you will accept your maiden name or a previous name again.
Due to your previous marriage or registered civil partnerships, you have the name: Nils Bauer-Fröhlich. The new partner is now called Müller. In the following, you cannot choose the name Nils Bauer-Fröhlich-Müller as a civil partnership name. The purpose is obvious. The law wants to avoid name chains. It limits the combination options to two parts of the name.
If one wanted to allow triple or even quadruple names, the use of such names would be very difficult and hardly serve the purpose of clarity. Just think of names that are inherently problematic if the person's name is Benjamin Sengscheider-Ulmendinger, for example. If you wanted to add a third name to this name, practical naming would no longer be possible.
If you have a title of nobility, the title belongs to your real name. “Graf von Auersmacher” is just one single, uniform name. Despite the prohibition of double names, you are allowed to combine this name with other parts of the name. So if you marry Nils Müller, your civil partnership name could be “Gerd Graf von Auersmacher-Müller”. Her partner Nils would then also be called "Nils Graf von Auersmacher-Müller".
- Which country reads more on Quora
- What drives your self-esteem
- What makes the Bible trustworthy
- Which companies are hiring newcomers to software testing?
- Czechs and Slovaks have different names
- What is Deindividuation in Psychology
- British people drink tea with milk
- How do you finance an office building
- Finland uses Swedish pitch accent
- Wish girls men with abdominal muscles
- Why don't you like the USA
- What is renal artery stenosis
- Sleep well or badly after eating
- Why does what you see disappear in Instagram
- Which expensive luxury brand gets trashy
- What do the French hate most?
- Constipation can cause back pain
- How did you make your life happy
- Why is Pad Thai pink
- Hillary Clinton has Parkinson's disease
- How to make Cuban coffee
- Was there a marriage in ancient Egypt
- What is black magic for children
- Eating Hindu Chicken
- How do I get a CFA degree
- What is the best employee monitoring tool
- How does it feel to be claustrophobic?
- Drywall can be installed vertically on walls
- Why does reading literature make us smart?
- What is Egypt's main course
- What can I teach disadvantaged children
- What are ESI and PF
- What do most Japanese know about Indonesia
- What does the word Muetter mean