What are some possible life changing thoughts
Mastering mental crises
Mental crises can affect anyone, regardless of age, education, occupation, origin and social status. The German Society for Psychiatry, Psychotherapy, Psychosomatics and Neurology (DGPPN) explains what those affected and their relatives can do.
"An acute crisis includes the loss of inner balance that people feel when they are confronted with situations or living conditions that they cannot cope with at the moment because the usual behavioral strategies do not work or collapse," explains Dr. Iris Hauth, President of the DGPPN. “In such a situation, thinking and feeling are often disturbed. The thoughts go round in circles, are scattered and cannot be brought to an end in a meaningful way. Sometimes your own feelings are difficult to perceive. On the other hand, they can also be so intense that they are difficult to control and, for example, fear, anger, hopelessness, loneliness or sadness appear overwhelming and threatening. "
Too high a load as the cause
The causes of a psychological crisis are diverse: loss experiences, traumatic experiences, psychosocial conflicts or life-changing upheavals are just a few possible triggers. The cause can result from a short-term exposure, for example as a result of a shock reaction due to a real dangerous situation. Or it is the result of a constant load that builds up over time and suddenly discharges. This manifests itself in symptoms such as acute fear, aggressiveness, confusion or delusion and with varying degrees of intensity.
Provide security to those affected
It is essential for overcoming a psychological crisis that the person concerned is not left alone. Family, friends and acquaintances should signal their support, relieve the person concerned and offer talks. Relaxation exercises are often not advisable in severe crisis situations because they intensify the internal consideration. It is better to take care of other thoughts. “In order to support people in their self-regulation, it can be helpful, for example, to encourage and accompany them to do what their experience shows is good for them, such as going for a walk, recording routines or tidying up the apartment or closing something cook, "says Dr. Skin
Mental distress: contact one of the contact points
"However, if it is not possible to overcome psychological crises on your own in a short period of time, professional help should be sought," advises Dr. Skin Possible contact points include the social psychiatric service in the health department in each city, psychosocial contact and advice centers, psychiatric institute outpatient clinics or specialists in psychiatry and psychotherapy. Family and friends should motivate and support the person concerned to allow professional help. In some cases it makes sense for people close to the person concerned to obtain information about possible help from the social psychiatric service in their place of residence or from a counseling center.
"The more dramatic the acute crisis, the more active action is required from the environment," emphasizes Dr. Skin Strong crises can lead to suicidal thoughts in individual cases. "In such an escalation, there is the possibility of calling the emergency doctor, who can initiate relief through acute pharmacological care and, if necessary, admission to a clinic for psychiatry and psychotherapy," recommends Dr. Skin "As an immediate measure, there is also the option of going to an emergency admission in the clinic for psychiatry and psychotherapy."
Immediate aid options in crisis situations:
- Medical (psychiatric) on-call service: EU-wide tel .: 116 117
- Telephone counseling: anonymous, free and available around the clock. The telephone numbers are 0800/1110111 and 0800/1110222, www.telefonseelsorge.de
- Muslim pastoral hotline: available around the clock on 030/44 35 09 821, www.mutes.de/home.html
- Acute admission to the clinics for psychiatry and psychotherapy at the respective place of residence
More information at www.psychiater-im-netz.org.
Authors01/22/2016 | Sandra Göbel / DGPPN
- Which cleaning product has the most uses
- Can a person reverse their potty training?
- How do I stop hating Americans
- Give Christmas presents to your boss
- Is Denmark a great place to visit
- How did you end a bad date
- What makes fast fashion brands so successful
- How many men are in the Bible?
- What makes the Turks so nice
- Are memories physically stored
- What is the plural of faux pas
- What are the properties of Cuban bread
- What is an example of blind baking
- What do you think of remote workers
- Which words have the most interesting origins
- Is the ID present at birth?
- CBD oil helps with tremors
- What do Aussies hate the most?
- Where did the term woke up from
- What makes a Christian country
- All Asians are Chinese
- Is Harvard really free
- What should I know before visiting Turkey
- How powerful is the Pope