Guns and firearms are no longer needed
The 21-year-old, who is said to have killed his parents and then himself in Starnberg, was, according to the police, a trainee with a gunsmith - there he learned to make and repair firearms. The police initially did not establish a direct connection between the crime and his teaching, in which he dealt with weapons on a daily basis. Jürgen Triebel does not want to jump to conclusions in this regard either. Triebel is President of the Association of German Gunsmiths and Gun Dealers (VDB) and runs a company for the manufacture of gun tools in Stöttwang. Triebel says he cannot imagine that an employee would take a firearm home from the workshop.
There are strict safety regulations for the companies. Every weapon that is newly manufactured, repaired or serviced must be registered, says Triebel. At the end of work, they would be locked away in gun cabinets or vaults, and the storage locations were also secured by alarms. Karl Pommersberger, Chief Master of the Gunsmiths' Guild of Southern Germany, explains: For new weapons to be manufactured, a production plan must be drawn up before work begins, in which every component is recorded. This is to ensure that nothing gets lost. "It would be more inconspicuous to order a weapon on the Internet than to steal it in the factory," says Pommersberger, who works as a gunsmith in Kühbach (Aichach-Friedberg district).
There is no aptitude test
The gunsmithing trade is an almost forgotten guild. VDB President Triebel estimates that there are only a few hundred masters left in Germany who still make pistols and rifles themselves. The VDB has a total of 1,300 members, but most of them only deal in weapons. 50 companies are registered with the gunsmiths guild for Bavaria and Baden-Württemberg, says Karl Pommersberger.
Anyone who owns or wants to carry a firearm in Germany must apply for different permits. A gun ownership card entitles you to buy and store a gun. This mainly affects sport shooters, hunters, heirs and collectors, says a spokeswoman for the Starnberg district office, which is responsible for the exhibition. 2261 people in the district currently have such a permit. Far fewer people are allowed to carry a firearm in public. As a rule, a gun license is only given to those who have to reckon with an assault on life and limb - such as those accompanying money transports or security guards. According to the District Office, only around ten to 15 people are currently allowed to carry firearms in the Starnberg district. Hunters do not need a gun license, the hunting license is sufficient for them. With a "small gun license" you can carry signal weapons, irritant weapons and alarm weapons with you. chrk
Anyone who wants to become a gunsmith must complete a three-year training course in Germany. Apart from the secondary school leaving certificate, which many companies require, and a police clearance certificate, applicants do not have to meet any requirements. But apprentices should be skilled in their craft, says Jürgen Triebel. "Many companies prefer to hire applicants who are already a little familiar with firearms - people from hunter families, for example," says Triebel. There is no separate aptitude test - for example in the form of a psychological report. Triebel says that it is up to the respective master craftsman to ensure that someone is suitable for the daily handling of weapons. "The masters pay close attention to the fact that the applicants are reliable and responsible."
Gunsmiths are checked annually
Karl Pommersberger from the gunsmiths guild emphasizes, however, that the same requirements apply to every gunsmith as to applicants for a gun license or a gun license. The suitability is checked annually. A gunsmith only needs a gun license or a gun license if he handles guns in his spare time. The alleged perpetrator from Starnberg had neither of the two permits.
- What are college minors for anthropology majors
- Is Nigeria really 170 million people
- Was the CIA MKULTRA successful
- Why are younger generations so sensitive
- How do Niger and Nigeria differ
- What you read today was sweet
- How did that happen to Anthony Bourdain
- Which countries have open borders
- Why am I unsuccessful
- Copywriters often become creative directors
- Why was the Mig 15 code named Fagot
- What are the hidden gems in Istanbul
- Should I have lunch or should I have lunch?
- What are the uses of fresh meat
- What are the benefits to being attractive
- What does ICT
- What is a hedonistic personality
- Is it okay to always be rude
- How has dementia changed your mother's personality?
- Is it really important to put money into savings?
- What's rough in the installation
- Why do guys like gamer girls
- How do we deal with unemployment stress
- Is math necessary for architects
- Which industry is the toughest in engineering
- What made you dig deeper
- What are the greatest challenges facing people
- Indian men What scares Indian men
- Are Volvos reliable
- Where are the most opportunities for accountants
- Why do I imitate people's accents
- Is Albuquerque a good place to live
- What is Latvia