Can autistic adults adopt children
Psychiatry, Psychosomatics & Psychotherapy
Information for parents and relatives with an autism spectrum disorder
Autism Spectrum Disorders in a child / close relative usually have a strong influence on family life - in emotional and practical terms. For some parents and siblings, the resulting everyday stresses cause them to overstrain themselves, neglect their own needs and gradually lose their strength. Spouses often reproach each other, and healthy siblings feel that they are not being given enough attention. But it is precisely the family cohesion, the strength and the commitment of the relatives that make a decisive contribution to the development and advancement of the patient.
In order to relieve the caring relatives, hourly supervision for the patient can be requested. There are also short-term care facilities that look after autistic children for a few weeks in order to enable the family to have a vacation without worrying or responsibility for the autistic child. Another important option is parenting advice and training from qualified psychotherapists. In special courses, parents and relatives learn theoretical backgrounds about the disease and its treatment methods; In the form of role-play, they learn strategies on how to react in certain situations and exchange experiences with other relatives. In most cases, such parenting training improves both the relationship between the person affected by autism spectrum disorder and their loved ones and the family atmosphere in general. In addition, relatives can join self-help groups for an emotional and practical exchange.
What can you do?
- Try to accept the condition and understand it.
- Find detailed information about Autism Spectrum Disorder and the specifics associated with the condition.
- Inform all contact persons about your child's illness.
- Contact an experienced child and adolescent psychiatrist for detailed advice on therapy and support options.
- Check your apartment situation and the surrounding area for possible sources of danger, nearby therapy offers, appropriate care facilities, helpful neighbors, etc. Submit applications for possible cost coverage or financial support.
- Do not stifle a child with autism spectrum disorder in their development. Encourage it to the right degree - don't be overly anxious, trust it to do something, but don't ask for something it can't do.
- Set realistic therapy goals. This makes progress visible more quickly.
- Think of yourself too! Only rested and relaxed will you have enough strength for your family.
- It is important to avoid blaming yourself and other family members.
- And: Stay calm and relaxed about untested healing methods, especially if they promise quick and complete healing with an often enormous investment of time and money.
Technical support: Prof. Dr. med. Dipl. Theol. Christine M. Freitag, Frankfurt (DGKJP)
- What do Mexicans think of Argentines
- Eat ligers people
- How can you retire at 40?
- What's the best restaurant
- Why do wiccan witches say they are blessed
- What do you think about headhunting
- How often are Google map images updated
- Which Versace Koeln smells best
- Like Turkish women, Indonesian men
- How do I deal with Chinese companies
- Nancy Pelosi has a healthy image
- What happens when resources disappear
- ETFs generate capital gains for shareholders
- What is the principle of morality
- What's the best vehicle in PUBG
- Who are Frances allies and enemies
- How do zoos procure animals
- What causes euphoria when using methamphetamine
- Can we pray Tahajjud after Fajr Adhan
- What are the best Vietnamese resources
- Can a drone lift a man?
- Why are banana peppers classified as a vegetable?
- How do you keep the best employees
- Why does he ignore avoiding me
- Eats bad meat every day
- Why do we dream 34
- Why do Arabs and Israelis fight
- Which city is bigger Delhi or Mumbai
- Play boundary lines the victim
- How expensive is Greece to live
- How was life 3000 years ago
- What is the currency of El Salvador
- Is conscription constitutionally moral
- Sexual abstinence makes people look younger