How can I become fecal incontinence
Faecal incontinence: causes
Faecal incontinence is the result of a lack of control over the anal canal and the anal sphincter. The causes of suffering are many
With increasing age, the natural ability to keep the sphincter tight enough decreases. The muscle mass in the pelvic floor and anal area decreases.
Functional disorders of the sphincter at the anus (sphincter ani) can result from injuries, for example after childbirth or operations. An inflammation of the rectum, called proctitis, or chronic inflammatory bowel diseases such as ulcerative colitis or Crohn's disease can also impair the function of the sphincter. Tumors of the rectum can also be a cause of incontinence.
If the nerve perception at the anus is impaired, those affected feel the urge to defecate late or not at all. This occurs, for example, with diabetes (diabetes mellitus) and after operations. The central nervous control of bowel evacuation can be disturbed in diseases such as stroke, multiple sclerosis, dementia or paraplegia.
Constipation can lead to fecal incontinence
Sluggishness and constipation often lead to fecal incontinence: The bowel produces more fluid, which appears as overflow incontinence. The stuck stool creates a blockage through which only watery stools can pass. It is usually difficult to control and as a result it comes out in droplets - which is reflected in constant stool smear, unnoticed loss of small amounts of stool after a bowel movement. In addition, people often squeeze to empty their bowels. This exertion can possibly lead to injuries.
Pelvic floor weakness as the cause of incontinence arises, for example, from being very overweight and, in old age, from weak muscles and connective tissue. Pregnancy can also put stress on the pelvic floor muscles and the delivery can lead to overstretching, weakening and sometimes tears and nerve damage.
A number of medications can promote the development of fecal incontinence. These include laxatives, antidepressants, and Parkinson's medication, among others.
Other common causes of fecal incontinence are pronounced hemorrhoids or a prolapse of the rectum or rectum.
- What is nano silica
- How do I make 600 out of 300
- What is the most popular forum in the US
- What were Hitler's favorite books?
- When did Santa's suit turn red?
- Hong Kong is part of Japan
- What a housewife are you
- How can I break my back quickly?
- What are the darkest secrets of RAW
- How do I use the technology wisely
- What's the best thing about traveling
- What is your saddest part of your life
- Italians are colored people
- Is math hard in civil engineering
- What do Parisians eat
- What are the difficult words of Telugu
- Women find tall men attractive
- How can Haiti improve
- What is the role of the manager
- What causes the smell under the fingernails
- Do you like your family
- How does the environment affect society?
- Who made your life 1
- How is creativity productive