How sick is too sick
Sick - what to do?
The Company doctor Dr. Thief has put together practical information for you:
Colds are very common in autumn and winter, but they are mostly harmless. If the nose is blocked, a sea salt spray can usually help; if the symptoms are more severe, a decongestant nasal spray with the active ingredient xylometazoline can help.
If the runny nose becomes purulent and there is pain in the upper jaw or headache, it indicates a sinus infection. In this case, a medical examination is required.
If the cough is dry, inhaling a salt water solution using a nebulizer will help. Warm drinks such as B. Herbal teas are good for coughing. In the pharmacy there are expectorants with the active ingredient ACC.
If the cough is not over after 2 weeks, it is advisable to consult a doctor to clarify whether the administration of an antibiotic may be necessary.
At the latest when the clinical thermometer shows 38 degrees, you should allow your body to rest. Leg wraps to reduce fever and drink a lot are tried and tested home remedies.
If the fever continues to rise and there are other flu symptoms, such as chills, headache, pain in the limbs and dry cough, you should see a doctor immediately. Here there is the suspicion that a real flu illness is present.
If you have the flu, you should definitely not try going to work. You endanger yourself and your colleagues.
For mild headaches, exercise in the fresh air or a headache pill can often help. Care must be taken to drink enough. If the headache lasts for several days or if you have pain in the limbs and high fever, you should see a doctor.
The pain can have various causes. Since they can become very strong very quickly, you should see a doctor straight away. For otitis media, onion bags and heat are tried and tested home remedies, and a decongestant nasal spray can also help. The doctor may also prescribe an antibiotic.
If the sore throat is mild, there is usually a viral infection. You should drink a lot here, and sage tea can also help.
If you have a severe sore throat and have difficulty swallowing or have a fever, you may have bacterial tonsillitis, which must be treated with an antibiotic.
WHAT CAN HAPPEN IF I GO TO WORK IF I HAVE A COLD?
Those who do not have to exert themselves physically and only have mild cold symptoms can go to work. This does not apply to a fever. In the case of a fever, the viruses have already spread from the mucous membranes to the entire organism. If you work anyway, you risk serious complications, in the worst case pneumonia or myocarditis can result.
YOU CAN REDUCE THE RISK OF CONTAGION ...
• by washing your hands regularly and using your own towel
• by avoiding shaking hands if you have a cold
• by not touching your eyes and nose directly if you have a cold
• by regularly ventilating your home and office
• by getting vaccinated against the seasonal flu (especially older people> 60 years, chronically ill, people with a lot of public traffic, etc.)
- What do we buy every day
- Who was the first black American president
- Is Jesus and Krishna the same
- Phentermine can increase blood pressure
- What unexpected lessons has life taught you
- Why does Christianity worship a god of punishment
- What are the coolest neighborhoods in Taichung
- Pay taxes on unemployment
- Can meditation stop obsessive-compulsive disorder
- What is a middle life crisis
- Is TAFE better than the university
- Ate Lord Rama beef
- How do you network effectively in business
- Why not steal taxation
- How do humans safely eat raw oysters?
- What is a weekly menu under 50
- Helps cinnamon with acid reflux
- How are the tariffs calculated
- What is Bohag Bihu
- Under what circumstances can Wikipedia shut down
- Malcolm X was mixed race
- In which country can sellers easily sell
- How does a smartphone work
- What change have you made in life
- Hate your name
- What is the teaching method of pedagogy
- What teaches
- Do you believe in reincarnation or rebirth?
- How did the Vikings preserve their meat
- When will the UPSC 2019 results be available?
- What makes a man masculine
- Who are the worst famous guitarists
- Why is the Democratic Party broke
- The people of Malaysia celebrate Thanksgiving